Thread: Stone siding

Stone siding

looking for companies where I could download different stone sidings for my library.
    The siding is a grey and beige square pattern some small and rectangular otheres
    large and rectangular. I checked all my Chief Lib and not even close. (I use X3)
    Also the wall is half stone and half siding .
    Can some one explain how I do a half and half wall (exterior)
    I don't usually get calls for partial walls like that.
    Thanks
    Steve

If you are using X5, you can download the Cultured Stone and Eldorado Stone manufacturers' libraries from the CA website. You can use the pony wall option to have stone on the bottom and siding on the top. For the lower wall, you can specify the height of the wall with the stone. You'll need to determine what wall types to use. You can apply a cap on your stone using an exterior room polyline changed to a molding polyline. You can either create your own stone cap profile or possibly find a suitable one in the Chief libraries. You may have to edit the molding line after you create it as it might infringe on any casing you may have shown around your doors and windows that are within the lower pony wall section.

Edit: I see you are using X3. Do you have those two stone libraries I mentioned?
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard

Versions X1 and later can download from the Google Warehouse and other sources of .SKP filles

You could also check various vendor sites for downloadable .DWG/.DXF files or .3DS or .OBJ or ....

check MENU - FILE - IMPORT for allowable import file types

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

Libraries

No such libraries in X3, Thanks Curtis

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis Johnson View Post
    If you are using X5, you can download the Cultured Stone and Eldorado Stone manufacturers' libraries from the CA website. You can use the pony wall option to have stone on the bottom and siding on the top. For the lower wall, you can specify the height of the wall with the stone. You'll need to determine what wall types to use. You can apply a cap on your stone using an exterior room polyline changed to a molding polyline. You can either create your own stone cap profile or possibly find a suitable one in the Chief libraries. You may have to edit the molding line after you create it as it might infringe on any casing you may have shown around your doors and windows that are within the lower pony wall section.

Edit: I see you are using X3. Do you have those two stone libraries I mentioned?

Thanks

Thank you my friend
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by lbuttery View Post
    Versions X1 and later can download from the Google Warehouse and other sources of .SKP filles

You could also check various vendor sites for downloadable .DWG/.DXF files or .3DS or .OBJ or ....

check MENU - FILE - IMPORT for allowable import file types

Lew

Here ya go. http://www.eldoradostone.com/trade-c...less-textures/

For patterns, you are on your own. I have not had a problem mixing a pattern for one with a texture for another. Textures are for showing a client the look in a raytrace rendering. Patterns are for those nasty con docs, and by the time you get to that, the client doesn't care if the pattern looks like bow tie pasta.

Oh, and be sure to go the the Chief website for sample docs, and download Joey Martin (he's my con-docs hero!) sample plan. Take a good look at his details for walls with stone wainscot. He is using 2" veneer stone, which is what the Owens Corning Cultured Stone and Eldorado products are. Cast concrete done in silicone molds made using real stone, the concrete done up with dyes and colored aggregate.
    Gene Davis
    SSA: X5 Premium, X4 Premium, X3, X2 (12.5.1.9), 10.08.b
    Intel i7 quad-core 64-bit HM65 express, Windows 7, 16 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX560M - 3 GB GDDRS - SDRAM
    Google Sketchup 8.0
    DropBox cloud storage

Quote Originally Posted by themavrick53 View Post
    No such libraries in X3, Thanks Curtis
    Cultured Stone and Eldorado Stone libraries are still available for X3 for download. Just checked. You need to look again.
    Tommy Blair
    Houston, TX.
    (713) 467-0579
    tblair55@sbcglobal.net
    Avid Chief User V8-X5
    Lead Houston User's Group
    HP Dv7t Quad Edition Laptop
    W7 Home Premium, 64-Bit
    2nd Gen. Intel Quad Core i7-2720QM 2.2 GHz (turbo boost to 3.3 GHz)
    1GB Radeon HD 6770M GDDR5
    8GB DDR3 System Memory, 640GB 7200rpm Hard Drive
    (2) 2.0 ports, (2) 3.0 ports
    17.3" Monitor (1600x900)