Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Here is another vid,

http://chieftutor.com/dscotthall/PAG...G%20VIDEOS.wmv

I am not sure if this is the best method for doing what you guys want to do, but it is the theory behind it. I do not even remember why I got into this in the first place, don't expect too much, definitely not a perfect solution.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Once all the Layouts are done, I simply delete the unused Sheets or just don't print them.
    Don't the pages renumber after deletion- Chief layout?
    You must be referring to the pdf?
    So, it's either print a 300pg+ pdf & then delete the unused pages in Adobe Acrobat (or others) or print the layout 3-4 different x's, depending on how many disciplines you've used?
    I dunno, man.
    It sure would be nice to come up w/ something better than what we have. Something that linked the dwg# (that we're futzin' w/ in this thread), the sheet index, layout view label, project browser, ...........anywhere else?
    Thanks, Jim

www.eastbaydesign.net
    East Bay Design, Inc

Quote Originally Posted by ebdesign View Post
    Don't the pages renumber after deletion- Chief layout?
    You must be referring to the pdf?...............
    agree, I do not know of a better solution. We are futzin with it.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Interesting reading at this web page. http://www.g-wlearning.com/CAD/97816...picalSheet.pdf

I find the last paragraph on p. 2 of particular relevance. I have seen some very fine work by some very talented architects, big huge plan sets laying out all the info needed to build highly-detailed houses. Numbered TITLE, then just 1, 2, 3, etc. But the sequence followed the setup described in this document.

But, there is a method to the madness of organizing as per the disciplines, and doing the numbering within. It relates to the referencing, the callouts, whatever we call them, in which we refer to another sheet number.

So, I think I'll just stick with being master of my own domain, and giving Chief a rest from auto-inserting the FILE PAGE NUMBER into the sheet number of the layout. I can just type them in.
    Gene Davis
    SSA: X5 Premium, X4 Premium, X3, X2 (12.5.1.9), 10.08.b
    Intel i7 quad-core 64-bit HM65 express, Windows 7, 16 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX560M - 3 GB GDDRS - SDRAM
    Google Sketchup 8.0
    DropBox cloud storage

I manually numbered my layout template using "A 1.0, A 2.0, S 1.0, etc." I have only done small projects, and this has worked for me. Very simple, and if I need another page that is not in the Layout template, it is easy to add one wherever it is needed, e.g. "A 2.1" in between A 2.0 and A 3.0.
    Kind Regards,
    Dave Pitman

Current Version: X5
    System
    Win-7 64 bit
    Intel i7 930 (2.8 ghz x 4)
    Nvidia gtx 260 (1 gb ram)
    12 gb ddr3 ram