Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

electric outlet in cabinet

Is there a straight forward way to put an electric outlet into an island cabinet? I found make an invisible wall dated 1999...I can drag one from an exterior wall but when I go to drag one to the other side of the island it snaps to an interior wall and won't move. I imported a SU symbol for now and can indicate the outlet on the electric plan in PDF or CAD after the fact but it seems there ought to be a way. What am I missing?
    Mark McAniff, Highland, NY

X5 Interiors
    Sager NP9150 Win8, i7 3840-2.8, GTX 670MX 3GB, 16GB DDR3, 256 mSSD, 500HDD
    Dell M4500 Win7 Pro-64, i7 M620, Quadro FX 880M, 8GB

MarkJames & Co. Designers of fine kitchens, baths, and built-ins.
    www.markjames.co

If you copy an outlet and open it's symbol dbx you can change the options. Uncheck the "Mounts on Wall" box, etc.

Another option is to just go to CAD/CAD Block Management and Insert the block you want. It won't show in 3D but it works in Plan.
    Joseph P. Carrick, Architect - AIA
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1
    Chief Architect 9, 10, X1, X3, X4 Premium, X5 Premium, X6 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Carrick View Post
    If you copy an outlet and open it's symbol dbx you can change the options. Uncheck the "Mounts on Wall" box, etc.
    ...and then add it to your library for quick use in the future.

Ben Palmer
    arizona custom home design
    www.palmerhomedesign.com

follow us on facebook

OK thanks, got the outlet on there. After adding to library- drop in a new one and it sits on the floor- tried height off floor in symbol dbx. Also tried can sit on cabinet or table- any way to have it set to height when I drag it in?

X5 Interiors

www.markjames.co

Quote Originally Posted by MarkMc View Post
    OK thanks, got the outlet on there. After adding to library- drop in a new one and it sits on the floor- tried height off floor in symbol dbx. Also tried can sit on cabinet or table- any way to have it set to height when I drag it in?
    Isn't this nutty, I forget how I get around it, I just Copy from one plan to the next, I must review this.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

How about this. Put a floor symbol in plan and then TURN IT INTO A SYMBOL, but before you press okay rotate it among the appropriate axis' and make sure it is 32" above the floor. Might take some futzing around but it should work.... I will do a quick video (if that is possible) in the AM.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

In X4 Premier we have duplex, duplex (horizontal) and GFCI outlets in the Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing > Electrical > Outlets > Cabinet Mounted library.
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis Johnson View Post
    In X4 Premier we have duplex, duplex (horizontal) and GFCI outlets in the Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing > Electrical > Outlets > Cabinet Mounted library.
    Oh, we'll that solves that, thanks Curtis.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

And, if Mark wants the outlet(s) on the inside or outside of an island cabinet, you can do both by doing a little dragging into position. If putting on the side of a cabinet, you will have to rotate the outlet 90 degrees.
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis Johnson View Post
    I have interiors tailored specifially for interior and kitchen design so we don't need to have access to such things:Sly:

One of these days guess I have to upgrade but 7 bills for 4 or 5 features (I was assured I wouldn't miss) isn't in the cards right now, just had to add a license. Will try Scots idea.

X5 Interiors

www.markjames.co

I have interiors tailored specifially for interior and kitchen design so we don't need to have access to such things:Sly:

One of these days guess I have to upgrade but 7 bills for 4 or 5 features (I was assured I wouldn't miss) isn't in the cards right now, just had to add a license. Will try Scots idea.
    Ain't that funny, you are doing interiors and you don't need access to cabinet mounted outlets. I wish someone would tell the building departments that they cannot require us to put electrical outlets at the kitchen island because CA won't give Mark access to them.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

I just wonder how they deal with it on the NKBA test. Must just call it out.

X5 Interiors

www.markjames.co

I just wonder how they deal with it on the NKBA test. Must just call it out.
    Mark, are you sure it is not available to you, it really should be and it makes no sense that it isn't.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

Mark:

not sure what you mean by 7 bills ???

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

$700 to convert interiors to premier

X5 Interiors

www.markjames.co