Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Woodward View Post
    Matt,

Shift+F11 toggles snaps on and off - you have to use it again each time you want to toggle the setting.
    (By the way, one of my old bugbears is the use of the types of shortcuts that require you to be a contortionist to operate - with one had on the mouse, it's not so easy to use Shift+F11!!!)
    The S key used during a drawing action will TEMPORARILY toggle the snaps as long as the S key is held.

Brad seems to be asking for a hybrid situation where he wants object snaps to be available, but only along the direction of the Angle Snap and nowhere else.
    Must be a keyboard\work habit thing. I find chording SHIFT+F11 with my right thumb+middel finger while holding the mouse with my right hand very simple, but as Scott points out, this is conrollable.
    I think I achieve that "hybrid condition" with snaps toggled off, then dragging a little past what I want to snap to - it still seems to snap to the object (IF the object is ORTHO in the case of a DIM).

I just don't have a problem with this particular function\toolset.

Isn't S the same as CONTROL? I don't like having ORTHO off as well as o-snaps.

I'm so used to toggling o-snaps and ORTHO on and off, I don't even notice it, but I would, I'm sure, get used to some sort of "smart" ORTHO\o-snap toggle - as long as I could elect to turing THAT off when it turned out I didn't like it LOL.
    Matt Kennedy
    Win7, v2 beta thru x6