Threaded View

Originally posted by Allen42acj
    Thanks Fitch
    I just got that book on Ebay"Design of Wood Structures
    Only $8.00 with S&H.
    The manual for beam check,is that with the demo download?
    It might be - I don't remember for sure.

[/B]I am trying a few beam softwares,so far like BC CAL the best,you get red warnings if they are to small.[/B]
    Same in TJ-Beam. They also tell you where it fails so you can make corrective design changes.

[/B]Not ready to put my name on anything,the engineers always come up with biggers ones than I get Must be the difference of putting your name on something or not.
    Allen Colburn [/B]
    When you get a different answer - that is a learning opportunity. Most important, find out what loads the engineer used, and why. If you have a good engineer, he/she will be willing to spend 5 minutes to review their results with you, show you the loads used, where they came from and provide you a copy of their analysis report. If he/she doesn't document their work - get a different engineer!

Fitch
    X2 <latest>

You have until you release the drawing to get it right, Mother Nature and the Customer have forever to see if you did. (By me, 1971. )

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled. Last sentence in the Feynman Appendix to the Challenger Report by R. Feynman

Never allow those who would substitute intimidation and guilt trips for knowledge and reason to influence your technical judgement. Me, 1993.