Pantry with Glass doors

Short of building the pantry out of component cabinets, is there a down and dirty way to show glass doors above, solid doors below?
    Matt Kennedy
    Win7, v2 beta thru x6

Quote Originally Posted by mkennedy View Post
    Short of building the pantry out of component cabinets, is there a down and dirty way to show glass doors above, solid doors below?
    Turn the door into a glass door and then change the BOTTOM FRAME height size to 40".
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

I'm not seeing a bottom frame height? I do see an option to replace the bottom (or top) door with a door panel rather than a door - no pull, but the correct framed door panel. I'll see how that works in the schedule, I'll see if I can figure out the bottom frame technique, compare the schedules.
    Matt Kennedy
    Win7, v2 beta thru x6

It's there, believe me, easy peasy
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

o well, i browsed through all the cabinet dbx options again, couldn't find a setting, i don't suppose it'd look like a 5 piece door anyway if it's all frame and i doubt it would schedule any better that stacking two cabinets OR using a door panel. someday maybe I'll have the time to find that setting, I'll make a note for the future.
    at any rate, the renders done, the schedules wrong, but what's new - I usually just send the plans to my cabinet vendor, let them make a list and then check that I understand how it's gonna install. the cabinet schedule is more useful to give the customer something to look at and approve than as part of the working drawings anyway, in terms of sticks of crown, end panels, dish panels, scribes, kicks and so on.
    Matt Kennedy
    Win7, v2 beta thru x6

Sorry mike, so sorry, I misread the request, my bad, no, I dot know an easy way to do what you want.

well the door panel is pretty quick and looks great except for the missing pull, I can comment on the glass above in components and the schedules good except for the missing pull, I'll turn off pulls and count them manually, no big deal.
    Matt Kennedy
    Win7, v2 beta thru x6

Isn't there one of those "Dutch" doors or whatever you call them in one of the libraries?
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard

C:
    Not sure, I ran a search on "Dutch", got colors and siding, no doors, browsed all the rectangular, framed cabinet doors in the core library, didn't see anything....
    Would that help? I think of a dutch door as a standard door that's been cut in half horizontally above the knob, the top half bolts to the bottom half to operate in unison or can be unbolted to operate independently.
    I just want to show a pantry cabinet with glass in the upper doors, something I do from time to time. In the field I do sometimes build those from components, so stacking cabinets in CA is correct and generates a reaonable shcedule.
    In this case, I want to use a standard pantry, just with glass doors above, so I used the door panel for the door below, set the doors as glass, looks OK, schedules OK.
    Matt Kennedy
    Win7, v2 beta thru x6

I think I miss-read the post.

There might be what you want in one of the manufacturers' libraries. Otherwise you have to split them up (two different cabinets) as Chief likes to put glass top and bottom if using a full height cabinet.
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard

Back again, again it sure would make things easier if pictures were posted. But I now think you can do what you want with x5, will not work with x4
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

Link to video

http://www.chieftalk.com/showthread....004#post459004
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CABINET GLASS.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	192.5 KB 
ID:	56733  
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

Scott ... thanks for setting me straight on this.
    Curt Johnson

X5

heres a pic of 4 cabinets, from lef tto right, a defaut pantry, a pantry with glass doors, a pantry with glass doors and the bottom door set as a door panel and two cabinets stacked one on top of the other.
    I elected to us the stacked cabinets for the render, just because that's what I've done in the past. I think I may start using the 3rd option, because it generates a not incorrect schedule. I can live with either soultion - manually adjsut the schedule OR render with a missing knob.
    thanks for all the input.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	glasspantry.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	56736
    Matt Kennedy
    Win7, v2 beta thru x6