Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_C View Post
    Hello All
    I have a house plan with five floors. The first two floors are living areas, the third floor is the attic and fourth and fifth floors are access to an observation tower. On the third floor I have a small room for the stair well that is set to "Open Below". On the rest of the floors the view in "Perspective" "Floor overview" shows the stair way to the floor below correctly but on the third floor it shows a white plane instead. The top of the floor is removed correctly but what appears to be the ceiling of the room below is not removed. I have tried deleting the walls and redrawing them but to no avail. I also checked the defaults for each floor and I could not see anything different. Does anybody know what could be the problem?
    Attachment 56514

Phil
    Earlier versions of chief never let you see down open below rooms with a 'render floor overview' ( perspective floor overview ) Showed images of that floor only. Always had to go to 'Floor Camera' to see down that hole. Is X5 different?
    Grant Bedford
    X1
    Dell Inspiron 1720
    Windows Vista Business
    Intel core 2 duo CPU T7250@2.0 GHz
    4.0 GB memory
    Nvidia 8600GT

Grant:

yes, X5 allows for seeing the stairs on other floors

not sure if it can do more than one extra floor ???

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

You can see ALL floors below in x5.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall