Wood vs vinyl corner boards

Sorry if this has already been discussed, I searched and could not find anything related...can the current corner board tool be set or "tricked" somehow to lay against sheathing layer like a wood corner wood with lap siding. It seems the original intention of the corner board tool was for vinyl as an overlay (which works great). The reason I ask is I want to show corners in plan view but more accurately, where with wood corners, the siding layer would stop at the corner, instead of showing as an overlay.

thanks,
    Darren

Darren,

I make the corner board a 1/4" thicker than the siding I'm using. Gives it a better look than the default 3/4" board on top of whatever siding your using.

Bill

thanks Bill, just to clarify, you use a 1/4" corner board so that in plan view it shows very thin and it sits outside of the siding wall layer?

I'd like to use the tool, but show a 5/4 (1") corner board sitting against the sheathing wall layer butting 3/4" siding wall layer and show a 1/4" reveal between the two.

Darren
    Darren Smith, X5
    Springfield, VA

Darren,

I don't think you're going to get that kind of detail. You probably would be best just doing a CAD Detail. Chief isn't going to be that specific and as you know it puts the Corner Boards on the outside of the siding. It will allow you to adjust the thickness and width but not the surface to which it's applied. This might be something to submit as a suggestion.
    Joseph P. Carrick, Architect - AIA
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1
    Chief Architect 9, 10, X1, X3, X4 Premium, X5 Premium, X6 Premium

Thanks Joe, I will submit it, that's a good idea.

Darren
    Darren Smith, X5
    Springfield, VA