Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This exact thing happened to me today and I re-named the toolbar file and Chief created a new one, then it opened for me. I sent Brian the old toolbar. Only thing is, lost my custom toolbars. It get me a little nervous when I can't even open the program.
    Perry
    P.H. DESIGNS L.L.C.
    Eastvale Calif.
    Alienware, liquid cooled
    Ver 10-"X6 x64 SSA
    WIN 8.1 PRO 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
    i7 920 2.67-- 12 GB Ram
    40" led monitor

Quote Originally Posted by perryh View Post
    .....................Only thing is, lost my custom toolbars.................
    You can export your layer sets and hotkeys as a backup in case you lose them, I wonder if you can export your custom toolbars in case this happens again.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Quote Originally Posted by dshall View Post
    You can export your layer sets and hotkeys as a backup in case you lose them, I wonder if you can export your custom toolbars in case this happens again.
    Try this: Right click on your toolbar folder (...\Chief Architect Premier X5 Data\Toolbars) and select "copy". Then, immediately, right click and select "paste" and you will have a new folder called "Toolbars - Copy".

In the event that the toolbar folder decides to call it quits, just replace it with a clone of your copy. Easy Peasy (as Scott would say)

Anytime I make any changes to my custom toolbars, I repeat this quick step, and they are backed up.

@Perry, you could grab a copy of your toolbar folder from your last backup of your Chief data folder to restore your custom toolbar configurations.
    Kind Regards,
    Dave Pitman

Current Version: X5
    System
    Win-7 64 bit
    Intel i7 930 (2.8 ghz x 4)
    Nvidia gtx 260 (1 gb ram)
    12 gb ddr3 ram

Thanks guys, nice tips for sure
    Perry
    P.H. DESIGNS L.L.C.
    Eastvale Calif.