Want to change every instance of a symbol or something. Possible?

I went down the road too far on this before realizing I might want to change.

The soffits on a house are decorated with things called either brackets, dentil brackets, or modillions, depending on who you ask. Whatever, I did them as a polyline solid, then copied and placed. Each run of placements around the roof required some fiddling, because the nominal placement of 48" on center needed to be adjusted. See the pic, which shows them all on two levels, high roof and low roofs.

Now I want to change the style of the part, but retain all the placements. In Sketchup, with these all as a component, one can open up the component for editing, and by doing the editing right about the placement point, one could do this quickly. Edit one, and every instance of the component changes.

Is there a way this could be done in Chief? I know I am stuck now given the way I did it, but was there a better path for me?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-11-10_1107.png 
Views:	146 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	56291  
    Gene Davis
    SSA: X5 Premium, X4 Premium, X3, X2 (12.5.1.9), 10.08.b
    Intel i7 quad-core 64-bit HM65 express, Windows 7, 16 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX560M - 3 GB GDDRS - SDRAM
    Google Sketchup 8.0
    DropBox cloud storage

Gene
    The way I handle those conditions is by using a different roof plane for the overhangs. The overhang roof plane would have custom rafter tails. The only problem with this is, in vector elevations there is an extra line where the 2 roof planes meet and you have to remove those lines in layout view.

EDit: I realize this isn't your exact condition but I think you might be able to create a custom rafter tail / freeze to work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	roof.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	56292  
    Last edited by perryh; 11-10-2012 at 09:27 AM.
    Perry
    P.H. DESIGNS L.L.C.
    Eastvale Calif.
    Alienware, liquid cooled
    Ver 10-"X6 x64 SSA
    WIN 8.1 PRO 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
    i7 920 2.67-- 12 GB Ram
    40" led monitor

This would have been a great use for a set of Distributed Paths.
    Joseph P. Carrick, Architect - AIA
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1
    Chief Architect 9, 10, X1, X3, X4 Premium, X5 Premium, X6 Premium

If you had used library symbols, you could use the replace from library tool.
    Dermot Dempsey
    Principal Software Engineer
    Chief Architect, Inc.
    http://www.ChiefArchitect.com
    http://www.HomeDesignerSoftware.com