Marque Move - What doesn't move ?

If you select everything in your plan and move it - what doesn't move?
    IOW, what is fixed relative to the x/y origin?

note: AFAIK, there's only one thing that acts this way.
    Joseph P. Carrick, Architect - AIA
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1
    Chief Architect 9, 10, X1, X3, X4 Premium, X5 Premium, X6 Premium

The cameras. Btw, you should be in bed.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Quote Originally Posted by dshall View Post
    I was wrong, the cameras will move, but I do not know the answer to your question............
    The lines of Hatch/Fill Patterns.

The boundaries will move and consequently clip the Hatch/Fill - but the position of the lines relative to the drawing origin will not change. Essentially, each Hatch/Fill are defined as starting at a specific x/y location (normally 0,0) and all spacing of lines is relative to that point. So if you have a Fill to represent 12" square floor tiles, that will only be spaced at even 12" model coordinate increments regardless of the location of the boundary. Any Room that the Fill Pattern is used in will be exactly aligned with every other Room it's used in - there is no relation between the boundary and the Fill lines other than that the Fill is limited to the boundary edges.

We need to be able to offset a Fill in both x & y directions.
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1

OK, so the pic below shows a 24x48 Acoustic Tile Grid in a Room. Note the difference in how it's not centered in the one on the left but it is on the one on the right.

Two different Fill Patterns were used - the second with the x & y origins adjusted. Currently this is the only way to do it - you have to define a new Fill Pattern.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Acoustic Tile Pattern.JPG 
Views:	146 
Size:	104.0 KB 
ID:	56257  
    Windows 8.1

I thought you could adjust the fill in a room by room basis if needed.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

I thought you could adjust the fill in a room by room basis if needed.
    Do you see anyplace in the dbx to adjust the x or y offsets? I added another example that shows how any single Fill Pattern always lines up regardless of the boundary.

Name:	Fill dbx.JPG 
Views:	143 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	56258   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Acoustic Tile Pattern_2.JPG 
Views:	144 
Size:	126.0 KB 
ID:	56261  
    Last edited by Joe Carrick; 11-07-2012 at 02:37 PM.
    Windows 8.1

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Carrick View Post
    Do you see anyplace in the dbx to adjust the x or y offsets? I added another example that shows how any single Fill Pattern always lines up regardless of the boundary.
    Will check out in AM, I am flying blind right now.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Carrick View Post
    I added another example that shows how any single Fill Pattern always lines up regardless of the boundary.
    Nice example.
    I tried it using the room fill tab in all but the room on the right where I used a room polyline. The fill still lines up.

_

Name:	a.png 
Views:	135 
Size:	12.9 KB 
ID:	56263  
    Kind Regards,
    Dave Pitman

Current Version: X5
    System
    Win-7 64 bit
    Intel i7 930 (2.8 ghz x 4)
    Nvidia gtx 260 (1 gb ram)
    12 gb ddr3 ram

Dave,

This is essentially by definition for a Hatch/Fill Pattern. The 2nd set of values in the definition are the offsets from {0,0} and that's the starting point for the lines that will be offset repetitively by the distances specified in the 3rd set of values. It would be really nice if Chief would have an x & y offset for each hatch area (boundary). That way we could control each area individually.

BTW, for a reflected ceiling plan I would normally user a Room Polyline, not the basic Room Fill. That allows me to put it on a separate layer and the Polyline shows even at Doors. The Room Fill works for fairly well for Flooring but not so well for Ceilings.
    Windows 8.1

Will check out in AM, I am flying blind right now.
    Hey Scott,

Did you ever get around to investigating this?
    Windows 8.1

I could not figure it out.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX