Threaded View

CA for future home builder/owner

Is it feasible for a person with some autocad and 3d modeling experience to purchase this product, learn how to use it, and design their entire own home to save on architect fees?

My wife and I would like to design our own custom home...I was thinking that I could use this software over the next 3-5years to design all aspects of our dream home while we are saving up for it.

Then when we have the money saved up we can print construction drawings, take to bank and contractors and start that process...does that plan sound realistic?

I know it depends on the state...but we will be building in the country (outside of any cities) will i have to have an engineer and achitect look over all prints? If so do you think it will be a problem finding someone to approve the entire design from a finished aspect? Or would i need to involve that person during the ground up phases?

Thanks for all your help everyone. I still havent decided if this software package is for me...but it sure looks sharp...and i am very good with learning software quickly...

Preston