Threaded View

Lew,

I agree, I have met all types of professionals that choose, for whatever reason, to not want to deal with the so-called "Harry Homeowner" projects. Admittedly, I'm in that very position now with a "possible" client that started out doing an addition, no plans, no permits, no skill whatsover. It is shelled out already. I went to look at it, and what a mess. No foundation to speak of, structurally a house of cards......primarily with respect to all point loads. Really bad. I made it clear that if I choose to do it, it would be all legal, and that would start with tearing down what they have done, to date. I'm not at all sure yet if I will accept though. I want to help, they are very nice people, just one of those can of worm things.

Johnny, I think I agree with you as well. There are a lot of different people doing some part of the residential building and design. I truely think there is room and a niche for a variety within that work process. Not just a single path. I find examples of every trade that are both good and bad, some even awful and incompetent. Mostly in the middle though and that would be expected.
    Chief Architect X4, X5
    Thea Render Rookie
    ASUS K53SV / Win 7 x64
    Intel Core i7-2630QM CPU 2.00 Ghz
    NVIDIA GeForceŽ GT 540M with 1GB DDR3 VRAM
    Samsung 840 Pro SSD
    8 Gb DDR3 1333 MHz SDRAM

Universe, Milky Way Galaxy, "Sun" Solar System, 22556