Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by HumbleChief View Post
    Did you confirm the 32" limitation?
    Actually mine was 27". Therefore it probably also depends on the depth to width ratio............ my ratio was probably different.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Zowie is offline Registered User Promoted
    Thanks again..Ahhh, the old molding p-line--I need to master that action....good work-around.

Yes, because I just found out that rotating a p-line solid won't turn the material, the material stays static in it's position.

Brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by dshall View Post
    Now to really confuse everybody, check this out. Two thin cabinets with the tile going in two different directions.............. it's a bug baby!
    If I reduced my thin 3" cabinet down to Larry's 1/16" wide cabinet, the tile direction will change.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

I think professor Irwin Cory wrote the code for this stuff!
    Dennis Gavin CR, CKBR
    Gavin Design-Build
    Media, PA.
    610-353-8890
    X5

However, even with this Molding line work-around (TY Joe entry #20) which helps correct the tile line direction, I would need to make a copy of the tile material under a different name and nudge the material using x/y to line-up the grout lines with the floor....Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Zowie View Post
    However, even with this Molding line work-around (TY Joe entry #20) which helps correct the tile line direction, I would need to make a copy of the tile material under a different name and nudge the material using x/y to line-up the grout lines with the floor....Yes?
    You are correct. But in that case you might need 2 disconnected PLine Segments depending on how the Grout Lines fit.
    Last edited by Joe Carrick; 10-17-2012 at 11:11 AM.
    Joseph P. Carrick, Architect - AIA
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1
    Chief Architect 9, 10, X1, X3, X4 Premium, X5 Premium, X6 Premium

Me thinks the problem really comes from using a cabinet where a molding poly line will work so much better. Just draw the shape, covert to a molding poly line, use the square handrail molding (my new favorite), specify a height and material, and everything lines up perfectly. Custom counter top, with hole, set your tub, done.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cabniet 6.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	55843

Mess with X and Y origins - line up grout joints.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cabniet 7.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	55844
    The purpose of Government is to control the common resources, not the common man.

Larry Hawes
    Hawes Home Design
    Vista, CA
    Hawes Home Design

X5 and X6 Public Beta 3
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
    Motherboard EVGA Classified SR-2
    Processors (2) 6 core Xeon L5640
    Memory 24GB PNY DDR3 1600
    Video EVGA GTX 780
    Monitor 26" LG 1920 x 1200
    21" Viewsonic

use the square handrail molding (my new favorite)
    Welcome to my world Larry. I've been using the Square Handrail Molding for too long. Then I figured out that it was buried in the Chief Library and took too long to get to.

So I added my own in my User Library:

1. Wainscot Molding -16"
    (1/4" wide, 16" tall") - adjustable of course in the Molding Tab.

1. Wainscot Molding -24"
    (1/4" wide, 24" tall") - adjustable of course in the Molding Tab.

1. Wainscot Molding -32"
    (1/4" wide, 32" tall") - adjustable of course in the Molding Tab.

Because of the names they're right at the top of my User Lib and quick to get to.
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1

Yeah it's funny how we 'discover' these little things in Chief. I've read about molding poly lines for years and just never really understood them and how versatile they are. Now it seems I'm using them everywhere for everything. I'll have to start building a library as well.
    The purpose of Government is to control the common resources, not the common man.

Larry Hawes
    Hawes Home Design
    Vista, CA
    Hawes Home Design

X5 and X6 Public Beta 3
    Video EVGA GTX 780
    21" Viewsonic

Yeah it's funny how we 'discover' these little things in Chief. I've read about molding poly lines for years and just never really understood them and how versatile they are. Now it seems I'm using them everywhere for everything. I'll have to start building a library as well.
    Yep, I had the same problem - probably because of the name. If they had been named "Extrusions & Symbol Repeats" or something like that I would probably have picked up on it earlier. The name "Molding Polyline" just seemed to imply something confusing.
    Windows 8.1

SO true Joe. I still don't think of them as 'molding poly lines' at all now that I've begun to use them more. I only rarely use them as actual molding. Funny.

Larry Hawes
    Hawes Home Design
    Vista, CA
    Hawes Home Design

X5 and X6 Public Beta 3
    Video EVGA GTX 780
    21" Viewsonic

Over the years I have gotten the impression that CA could dump all of the tools except for molding polylines and it would be possible (for some)
    to create the entire model .....

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

Thanks Scott, didn't know I could explode a solid. That's actually the only consistent way to get the tile in a uniform direction from side to top. All the other ways tile direction seems to change at will from side to top....at least in my little world.