Thumbs up Small grid setting helps dimension snaps

I'd like to thank Scott (dshall) for a little insight that I believe will make dimensioning much easier and faster after watching his video on wall snaps. He sets the grid to 1/4" intervals. That seems to be the key to alleviating the frustration of trying to get the dimensions to go to the layer you want (and when CA decides you didn't mean it when you say dimension to a certain layer!). Now I can easily go to the next layer 1/4" away rather than fight CA to get it to snap to the layer I want. I have wasted hours doing that and I see others have also commented on this for years now.

Scott, do you have a video that talks about your settings for various things like this 1/4" grid setting? I, for one, would find it very informative to see what a long time expert of CA uses.

Many thanks, Cathy
    Catherine A. Learoyd
    Wynsong Home Design
    learoyd@ktc.com
    Chief X5 on Window 7 Pro 64-bit, 23" HD
    i7-2600@3.4G, AMD Radeon HD6450
    Not a happy CA camper

I can't think of any videos off hand. When X6 comes out I will probably do something along those lines exploring what's new.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

I also use 1/4" b/c it makes since, and you really don't need anything smaller, plus Chief says a 1/128 requires that Chief do all those extra decimal places in the model witch also slows it down.
    Perry
    P.H. DESIGNS L.L.C.
    Eastvale Calif.
    Alienware, liquid cooled
    Ver 10-"X6 x64 SSA
    WIN 8.1 PRO 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
    i7 920 2.67-- 12 GB Ram
    40" led monitor