Hybrid View

I've been using Win8 for about three weeks now (MSDN early access). X5 has been running great on it. Like Doug mentioned earlier, I've seen the wait cursor show up on occassion when I let the mouse sit but as soon as I move the mouse it goes away.

Other than that, I haven't had any issues with it at all in relation to Chief. Things have been very stable and VERY fast. The UI is a bit of a step sideways but it's not so bad that it can't be lived with. Some small annoyances with getting to certain places (like control panel) but it won't break the system for me.
    Kelly H.
    Chief Architect Technical Support Analyst

Quote Originally Posted by kellyh View Post
    I've been using Win8 for about three weeks now (MSDN early access). X5 has been running great on it. Like Doug mentioned earlier, I've seen the wait cursor show up on occassion when I let the mouse sit but as soon as I move the mouse it goes away.

Other than that, I haven't had any issues with it at all in relation to Chief. Things have been very stable and VERY fast. The UI is a bit of a step sideways but it's not so bad that it can't be lived with. Some small annoyances with getting to certain places (like control panel) but it won't break the system for me.
    Thanks Kelly
    The purpose of Government is to control the common resources, not the common man.

Larry Hawes
    Hawes Home Design
    Vista, CA
    Hawes Home Design

X5 and X6 Public Beta 3
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
    Motherboard EVGA Classified SR-2
    Processors (2) 6 core Xeon L5640
    Memory 24GB PNY DDR3 1600
    Video EVGA GTX 780
    Monitor 26" LG 1920 x 1200
    21" Viewsonic

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleChief View Post
    I would like a simplified version of CA for field work which would work on a pad of some sort.
    Agreed Larry.

Chief, able to function in 2D with necessarily limited 3d on tablets, would be great for field work.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling that this will not be very high on the list @ CA.
    Kind Regards,
    Dave Pitman

Current Version: X5
    System
    Win-7 64 bit
    Intel i7 930 (2.8 ghz x 4)
    Nvidia gtx 260 (1 gb ram)
    12 gb ddr3 ram

Larry:

I agree about the SSA...

CA is aiming for a 12 month cycle

if that starts to slip to 18 - 24 months then SSA starts to lose value rapidly

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

marty is offline Registered User Promoted
    With a range of Windows tablets to be released at the same time as Win8 I think the demand for Chief to run on them will surge. I for one have been putting off buying a tablet in the hope that there will soon have one that will run Chief.

I know that historically there has been a call for Chief on mac but I think this new market will be even bigger. I also like the idea of running Chief on touch screen desktop.

It is interesting that we havent seen a poll to find out what the demand would be.
    Gordon Martinsen
    Auckland
    New Zealand
    W7 64 bit X5
    i7 2600k 3.7Ghz
    8 GB RAM
    180Gb SSD
    Nvidia GTX 560 1 Gb