Threaded View

Many, probably most, of the tablets that will run Windows 8 are based on the ARM instruction set. Unless the software you want to use is compiled to run on ARM it won't run on those devices.

Currently we have not ported Chief to run on ARM, but we will likely do so at some point.

I've been using Windows 8 for a short time and have found that it is a solid OS. It has some differences in how it works that are important to support tablet based computers. I actually am fairly impressed that Microsoft embraced the idea that tablet and desktop computers don't need different interfaces.

While I think they could have done a better job in a few places to make things easier to use or discover, Windows 8 is actually pretty good. Some things take some getting used to but are actually pretty easy to deal with once you figure them out.

Other things, especially for a very large screen, are harder to use and in some cases just plain annoying. However, for a tablet based computer the interface looks like it will work very well.
    Doug Park
    Principal Software Architect
    Chief Architect, Inc.