Hybrid View

Current Project

This is a current project I am working on - entire contract is $122k for these homes in the development. But I had to draw these concepts in Vectorworks as I was coming up with concepts - and look at the plat drawing, NO WAY Chief does anything like this. I guess I am just saying better line drawings. These are all from the same project - I will upload rest on next post.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	planA.jpg 
Views:	350 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	55052   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	planb.jpg 
Views:	322 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	55053   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	planc.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	55054   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pland.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	55055   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plane.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	55056  

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyprc View Post
    This is a current project I am working on - entire contract is $122k for these homes in the development. But I had to draw these concepts in Vectorworks as I was coming up with concepts - and look at the plat drawing, NO WAY Chief does anything like this. I guess I am just saying better line drawings. These are all from the same project - I will upload rest on next post.
    The elevation images you posted are quite nice. Are those, and the plat done entirely native to Vectorworks? And, are they 3D views of the model, or entirely converted to 2D line drawings? With the exception of the shadows in the vector view (which I import as an image from a model exported to Sketchup), this can be done entirely within CA. You can nit-pick the attached example, and a bit more time with details would have improved it, but it was produced in a matter of minutes and I think disproves the "NO WAY Chief does anything like this".

I don't disagree with the interface. It could use a lot of improvement, but I find what gets in the way of my creativity more than anything is most often my lack of experience and knowledge of the tools, not the tools themselves. I think it is premature to make a blanket statement about CA, or any other software of this level of complexity and sophistication, when you haven't completed even one project fully in it.

I can't really speak to the printing issue either, although sharpness of my drawings has just never proved to be an issue.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Bryce Engstrom: Architect, LEED AP
    www.engstromarchitecture.com
    Chief X6 Beta
    Sketchup Pro 6, Free 8, Thea Render, Lumion
    Chief to Kerkythea & Thea Render Converter