Threaded View

rcole is offline Registered User Promoted
    Thanks for the pics and the description of the point you have been trying to make.

One thing I would like to point out is that many of the folks that have responded to your OP are very experienced with CA and find modeling in CA second nature. Considering this, it makes the idea of creating concepts in 2D a bit of a hard sell.

One thing that comes to mind from your comments is that since you are using mulitple CAD applications it makes it harder to appreciate CA's CAD tools since they are cut from a bit of a different cloth than your more traditional apps.

There are many features that I find quite helpful in CA, such as the multicopy tool. Sometimes they hit the mark and sometimes not so much. It appears to me that in their attempt to simplify the CAD tools they have at times created a monster in such things as automatic snapping to create polylines and dimensions that try to out think the user.

The basic tools have worked in the past, and so far as I know are still working quite well for creating lines and dimensions in a traditional sense. If I am hearing you correctly, you are making the point that it may be of benefit to everyone if CA were to move in the direction of being a little more main stream than they have been in the past with their CAD tools?

But, no deal on creating concepts from 2D elevations from my perspective. Creating the model and publishing views from the model are more in line with my thinking on the matter. I do appreciate your input on such things as editing elevation lines for better printing and presentations.

This has been a very interesting thread.
    Rod Cole
    V2 thru X5