Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by rongobong View Post
    I think when it comes to the "crisp" argument, I've noticed that a line drawn with Chief Architect has a bullnose on each end, not a square edge. With heavier line weights, it makes the drawings look cartoon-like, and less crisp in my opinion.
    I have always wondered about this too, and this is the first time I think I have ever seen this mentioned on this forum. This is the kind of specifics that the folk at CA need to know about. It's the kind of thing you should send a bug report into the support team on.

As far as your couch, I have noticed this issue too and it seems very intermittent. I will sometimes see this happen even in flat walls that are native to Chief. Then if I close, re-open, and take the same view, they disappear, or not. So, there is some kind of intermittent bug I think in the 3D generation.

I still think you can go quite a long ways toward automating the line weight generation through layers and layer sets with just a little CAD overlay and Edit Layout cleanup. And this is limited to vector views and I agree should also transfer to the render views. Not perfect, but certainly worth the trade-off to me for speed and the ability to try different things in the design, rather than fuss with minutiae in the drawing.
    Last edited by sutcac; 09-19-2012 at 01:38 PM.

Bryce Engstrom: Architect, LEED AP
    www.engstromarchitecture.com
    Chief X6 Beta
    Sketchup Pro 6, Free 8, Thea Render, Lumion
    Chief to Kerkythea & Thea Render Converter