Threaded View

Thanks for the kind words Johnny, I appreciate it! I drew the illustrative floor plans for the award competition, but the conceptual perspectives were original drawings to help the client envision what the design would look like. I often use Chief to block out my designs, print a line drawing 3D, and then overlay tracing paper to draw a sketch version, which I then color with markers. Clients respond very well to the result, and it allows me to take advantage of creating a perspective view without having to build it traditionally, as well as not having to put 100% of the detail into a Chief model - some elements can be drawn by hand.
    However, my clients respond really well to multiple views of a project even better, and for this, hand drawing becomes too time consuming. I now use the watercolor with line drawing view more often because when you do take the time to model the project in 3D, it is easy to generate multiple views that would be too time-consuming if you were drawing by hand. It seems we've come full-circle and Chief is making it possible for us to move away from hand drawing to a computer-generated "sketch" that looks elegant to our clients. Attached is a recent set of concepts for a whole-house remodel we are working on. I only wish that the Chief perspectives had multiple line weights as you showed in the gorgeous arbor design you posted.

Cheers,
    Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B2-01.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	191.5 KB 
ID:	55208   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B2-02.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	194.5 KB 
ID:	55209   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B2-03.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	189.9 KB 
ID:	55210  
    -------------------------------------------
    Rob Aldecocea
    Revolution Design and Build
    Wayzata, MN

Chief X5
    Windows 7
    i7-3930K @ 4.4 GHz
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 660