Threaded View

As far as I know there should be no difference in the sharpness of prints unless you have set up your printer badly. When I updated the printing I compared it to printouts from a lot of sources and ours looked as sharp as the sharpest out there. However, some print driver settings can negatively affect your perception.

Whether or not antialiasing is used by the printer driver can change your perception of crispness. Some find that using antialiasing makes things look sharper others find exactly the opposite. I can't explain why, but I've seen this occur.

Much of the time people print using a PDF printer driver. By default some of those drivers have very low print resolutions which would explain a print that is not sharp.

If we have an issue I would like to know what it is because the statements that Chief isn't printing sharp don't make any sense to me.

As far as line drawings go, lines are lines. But your configuration of the weights, styles, colors, choice of patterns, etc. can have a huge impact on the differences in perceived quality. Heavy lines don't look as crisp, for example.

Toolbars are an area of weakness in the program that we are working to correct.

Our user interface does need some functional and organizational improvement and we are working on that as well.

I'm curious about what areas that you find quirky. I could guess about what those are, but I would probably be wrong because one persons quirky is another persons preferred way of working.

As always specific observations are a lot more informative than generalizations.

In any case we are always looking for constructive input to improve our interface.
    Doug Park
    Principal Software Architect
    Chief Architect, Inc.