Hybrid View

Hey, I'm a big Godzilla fan...., Thanks, Perry for all you contribute to the CA community...

Bill
    Bill Lynch
    CA X6 Beta
    Gateway LX6200-01
    Windows 7
    AMD Phenom X4 9500 quad core
    8 GB DDR2
    PNY 9800GT 1024MB nvidia video card
    750 GB HD SATA-300

rcole is offline Registered User Promoted
    I am a +1 on wanting to know a little more about what is meant by CA not printing as wells as other apps. I am not questioning anyones opinion, I am just curious is all.

I have my own plotter and have for a long time, so I mostly see my own output. I also choose to print from CA because I personally like the options available from Layer Sets in Layout.

I also like a sharp looking interface, but it is not as important to me as being able to customize keyboard commands. The hot keys are a nice feature, but they are no where near the level that I would like to see it. At least two keys would be very helpfull.

It is the things like introducing Ruby, and then just leaving it go, or not putting the finishing touches on the Material List that I find the most frustrating about CA. That being said, I do find CA to be a very capable app in a great many ways.

I do think that there is progress in areas that would appeal to the professional market. Features like PDF import are a welcome addition for my work, and I am also hopfull that symbols and solids will see a little more developement.

Thanks for sharing your Elevation views, and good luck on your projects. I do have a question. Are the elevations live, or have they been edited? Apples and apples?
    Rod Cole
    V2 thru X5

Interesting thread..

As a long time C/A user (originally 3D Home Architect) I'm not surprised to learn that it is not the best at its 2D printing. The core target market for the product originally was home builders, home plan providers (formerly known as draftsmen) and home 'do it yourselfers' allowing them to design and create home plans in a new way. More recently it has attracted Architects, rendering service providers, kitchen designers and others.

The software is conceived with the wood frame house in mind, walls, floor platforms, ceiling planes and roof planes. This is a limitation if you are modelling something else but otherwise it is a great plus.
    With the developments from V10 to X4 I've found the software user experience (there is a new word for this) to be more intensive and technically demanding, (in other words exhausting). Can the software be all things to all users... I hope not because I'm worried if it tries to be it will be no longer be enjoyable and productive to use for its original purpose.
    Bruce MacNeill, O.A.A.
    X-4 Premier, Win7 Pro