Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: X5 Vs Thea...

Try this setting for photon mapping on.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	darkshdw.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	134.9 KB 
ID:	61168
    Jintu E.P. Montego
    info@jintudesigns.com
    jintu@cadexpress.biz

X5
    Triweekly rendering updates on facebook

--------------
    Windows 7 Home Premium - 64bit
    Processor: 3rd Gen Intel Core i7-3770 3.40GHZ 8MB (Ivy Bridge)
    Mobo: ASUS P8H77 - MLE
    RAM: 8GB DDR3 PC1333 Kingston ( 2x4GB)
    Hard Disk: WD Caviar Green 1 TB
    Video Card: 1GB Sapphire Radeon HD6670 DDR5

Thanks Jintu, I will try it out! Yes, your rendering shadows look so much better, mine look so transparent it doesnt even look like anything is there.
    Chad Cardin
    MEMBER SINCE V9... NOW X5

Here is Jintu`s model rendered with Thea 5mins GPUClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Jintu model with thea.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	61169
    George

X5,Kerkythea,Adobe CS5.5 Design Premium,Thea,Substance Designer, Bitmap2Materials

www.gelbuildingservices.com.au

Intel, i7-3930K CPU @ 3.2GHz Graphics Card GTX-680
    Memory32GB

Here again with a bit of furniture. Lights changed and thea glass on windowsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Jintu model with a bit of furniture thea.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	61170
    George

X5,Kerkythea,Adobe CS5.5 Design Premium,Thea,Substance Designer, Bitmap2Materials

www.gelbuildingservices.com.au

Intel, i7-3930K CPU @ 3.2GHz Graphics Card GTX-680
    Memory32GB

Jintu,

I adjusted the color to black but I didnt see too much difference. I took two pics of the raytraces. They look so similar I moved oleander bushes in front of the front door of the one with white color selection for raytrace and then the other pic with the shrubs to the side is with your suggested black color in raytrace. I see a slight difference but not sure why its not more drastic. Also I attached a third pic of the raytrace having ghostly white haze on the ceiling and you can also see this on the grass area of the other raytrace, I havent seen this before not sure what caused this.

The floors are actually dark brown wood from the Armstrong library but they are so dark in raytrace it just looks like I painted the floors with black paint, you cant see any detail. This picture in particular had 7 passes at about 40 minutes. This plan had more details and tended to make raytracing take a lot longer then usual.

Any ideas?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MONT2FamilyRoom.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	129.7 KB 
ID:	61177   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MONT2FrontElevation1.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	203.1 KB 
ID:	61178   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MONT2FrontElevation.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	202.7 KB 
ID:	61179  
    Chad Cardin

By the way... George those renderings look great!!
    Chad Cardin

Chad - Is the material on the ceiling set to polished? I seem to remember getting that kind of haze with the polished material setting.
    Dennis Gavin CR, CKBR
    Gavin Design-Build
    Media, PA.
    610-353-8890
    X5

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Cardin View Post
    Jintu,

I adjusted the color to black but I didnt see too much difference. I took two pics of the raytraces. They look so similar I moved oleander bushes in front of the front door of the one with white color selection for raytrace and then the other pic with the shrubs to the side is with your suggested black color in raytrace. I see a slight difference but not sure why its not more drastic. Also I attached a third pic of the raytrace having ghostly white haze on the ceiling and you can also see this on the grass area of the other raytrace, I havent seen this before not sure what caused this.

The floors are actually dark brown wood from the Armstrong library but they are so dark in raytrace it just looks like I painted the floors with black paint, you cant see any detail. This picture in particular had 7 passes at about 40 minutes. This plan had more details and tended to make raytracing take a lot longer then usual.

Any ideas?
    Can you post the plans? I need to see your settings to be sure, both scenes please. or email them to me.

Thanks.
    Jintu E.P. Montego
    info@jintudesigns.com
    jintu@cadexpress.biz

X5

--------------

Chad, I assume these are done in Chief?

Your grass material has some reflection on it, and also that wood ceiling material. That's what's creating the sheen. You need to switch both of those to Matte. Also, your exterior raytraces will run much faster if you turn off all interior lights when tracing an exterior scene. (I say that because it looks like I see some light spilling onto the grass from the windows -- but maybe that's just a sun reflection?)
    Kathleen Moore
    Chief X6 | X5 | X4 | X3
    Thea Render

castleview3d.com | (585) 520-4329 | kathleen.moore@castleview3d.com
    Follow us on: Facebook | LinkedIn | Houzz | Pinterest | Blog: "Life Should Be 3D"

Kathleen, I forgot about that whole things about turning interior lights off! Thanks for the pointer. I think the last time I did a render was the beginning of this year, so I don't do them frequently. Do you turn them all off by clicking on the light bulb feature and then turning them all off there?

Jintu,

I would go ahead and post the plans but the problem is everytime I do a raytrace, once completed, it defaults back to chiefs settings. I even went back into some of my plans where the renderings turned out fantastic and when I went to look at raytrace settings its set back to default. I haven't been on chief for three days so Im not at my design computer at the moment but let me know how you can saving the settings so they don't automatically go back to default. Thanks Jintu!
    Chad Cardin

Hi Chad,

You may go to the launch wizard and change the default name and/or click "save and close" after you are done the with the desired settings.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	saveraytracesetting.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	132.8 KB 
ID:	61234
    Jintu E.P. Montego
    info@jintudesigns.com
    jintu@cadexpress.biz

X5

--------------

Jintu, geesh, I so wish I would have done this on my last raytrace at the beginning of this year! Then I could have had the 'perfect settings' for interior and exterior raytracing instead of sitting here guestimating on what will turn out best. Oh well better to learn something new for next time.
    Chad Cardin

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Cardin View Post
    Kathleen, I forgot about that whole things about turning interior lights off! Thanks for the pointer. I think the last time I did a render was the beginning of this year, so I don't do them frequently. Do you turn them all off by clicking on the light bulb feature and then turning them all off there?
    Chad, the easiest way is to go to the "Adjust Lights" dialog (the little bulb icon that shows up in the top bar in any 3D view), group-select the lights you want to turn on or off, then click the check box next to one of the highlighted lights. All the selected lights will turn on or off. If you have used room labels for your rooms, you should be able to tell which rooms you are turning on and off (also useful, since turning off any unused lights will speed up interior raytraces too).
    Kathleen Moore
    Chief X6 | X5 | X4 | X3
    Thea Render

castleview3d.com | (585) 520-4329 | kathleen.moore@castleview3d.com
    Follow us on: Facebook | LinkedIn | Houzz | Pinterest | Blog: "Life Should Be 3D"

Jintu,

Thanks for the additional diagrams to show the settings. Both the exterior and interior raytraces are acceptable now as I adjusted the settings just like you recommended. Only thing is how do you control it from looking over exposed like the pic I attached? It seems like the sun isnt natural and over done? I also cant get the sun angle dbx to pop up to make adjustments to the angles like you mentioned earlier in this thread. How can I manually find it to adjust them?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mont3RearElevation.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	121.2 KB 
ID:	61290  
    Chad Cardin

PS. Kathleen I turned off the interior lights for the exterior renderings and boy what a difference in time it makes!! Its like 1/8th the time! Thanks for the advice!
    Chad Cardin