Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: X5 Vs Thea...

P.S. In case you're interested, here's the un-photoshopped Thea render. The Chief image comes out pretty dark as well, but I adjust that with the sliders before saving, then edit it some more in PS.

I'm not a big fan of doing a lot of post-work on renders, but it can really help a dark image like this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	living-room-thea-draft-1-no-post.jpg 
Views:	405 
Size:	192.3 KB 
ID:	61447
    Kathleen Moore
    Chief X6 | X5 | X4 | X3
    Thea Render

castleview3d.com | (585) 520-4329 | kathleen.moore@castleview3d.com
    Follow us on: Facebook | LinkedIn | Houzz | Pinterest | Blog: "Life Should Be 3D"

Kathleen, you have such great interior furnishings and accessories! I have all the libraries but clearly you go outside chief to get yours and they look fantastic! Im not sure why I dont put furniture in mine?? I guess because with varying tastes, the times that I have put furniture either one person likes it while the other doesnt, so I just skip it and keep the house looking good with nice paint, tiles/woods etc. Yes, I would be very interested in seeing your setting for your renderings with Chief. I think each of us use chief for different reasons so to compile a good documentation of different settings makes this thread really helpful for everyone. Also, I completely agree with what you were saying about some chief textures. One in particular for me is when I use brushed nickel, it tends to come out looking more like chrome. Does this happen often with you and if so how do you address something like this?
    Chad Cardin
    MEMBER SINCE V9... NOW X5