Hybrid View

From the message log it appears to be hanging while initializing the toolbars.

I assume you are installing the same as X4 with everything on the C Drive.

Chief stores some files under "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Chief Architect Premier X5 Data\"

These will not get replaced with a reinstall because they are files that might have been modified by you. We don't want to delete any of your data on a reinstall.

The first thing I would do is rename the folder "C:\Users\Kjell\Documents\Chief Architect Premier X5 Data\Toolbars\" to "C:\Users\Kjell\Documents\Chief Architect Premier X5 Data\ToolbarsBad\"

Then try launching Chief.

If that fails the next step would be to rename the folder "C:\Users\Kjell\Documents\Chief Architect Premier X5 Data\" to "C:\Users\Kjell\Documents\Chief Architect Premier X5 Data Bad\" and try again.

I am curious as to the actual cause of the problem. If it turns out to be the toolbar files causing the issue we would like to get ahold of them to see if we can reproduce the problem. If you could e-mail them to our support team that would be great.

In any case this sound's like something our support team is best suited to deal with.
    Doug Park
    Principal Software Architect
    Chief Architect, Inc.