Exclamation Save text with macro to library

Using Ruby I have macros for stairs. Height, tread etc.

I have a text box with the relevant macros and description of my stairs.

How do I save to the library.

Your question is more complicated, because there is no direct method to store Ruby macros in the Library.

However, macros will store in the Library with any item they are attached to. Once that item is brought back into plan, its macro is automatically place in the plan's macros management folder. So you can convert the text block to a cad block by selecting it with the control key. Then convert to cad block and store the cad block in the library. Your macro will store with it. In a new plan, bring the cad block in. The attached macro is automatically added to your macro management blocks. You can then delete the original cad block and then use that macro in a new reference text block. Note the original reference text block(if that's what you are using) will store only as a text block and can not be converted to a reference block. You must re-create.

Unfortunately, stairs have no label so you can not store a macro directly with the stairs as you can with objects with labels.

ORRRRR you can store your macro in your template and it will be available for any subsequent plan. To move your macro to your template, just create it there or export and import it to your template.
    Gerry

NewCraft Home Services

Design/ Compliance Review
    PE, X6 , Sketchup 8, TurboCad Pro 20
    -----------------------------------
    ASUS P9X79D, i7-3820, GTX680 w/4gb
    -----------------------------
    If the Government would just cut down more d*** trees, I'd have a much better view of the forest.

Gerry:

hmmm, seems like CA made this process way too easy

they need to make it more convoluted

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)