Funky stair renderings

I've drawn and redrawn these stairs and it keeps coming up with some funky stuff. This time it's just a rail across the landing for some reason. Any thoughts on what went wrong here?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wilki stair flub.JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	107.4 KB 
ID:	54636  
    Chief: Version X4 on Windows7

I finally got the rail to sort out by redrawing, but now when I do the Auto stairwell it keeps the space where the stairwell should be, but erased the entire second floor!

Name:	Wilki stair flub2.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	102.5 KB 
ID:	54637  

Your stairs are unusual, but in theory, Chief should be able to handle them. More then likely the biggest cause of your problems is that you have drawn the stairs incorrectly. For example, looking at your picture, it looks like your stairs and landings are not exactly parallel to your walls. I would make a guess that you also have things overlapping and not connected properly. If you spend some time making sure everything is more accurate, you probably have far fewer problems.

For the stairwell, it looks like there is a problem with your room definitions. Check all your wall/railing connections and make sure they all make sense. Also, make sure that the stairwell room is marked as open below and the main room is not.
    Dermot Dempsey
    Principal Software Engineer
    Chief Architect, Inc.
    http://www.ChiefArchitect.com
    http://www.HomeDesignerSoftware.com

I did get things to work, but why doesn't the opening render from below, and is also reflected on the upper story ceiling?

Name:	WSF.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	54646   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WSF2.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	54647