Thread: Roof planes

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by gteacher View Post
    Note that the ridge heights between left and right differ by 1/16"......................
    Exactly, exactly, exactly, I have explained several times the reason for this.......... it is really not a mystery, CA built this roof as well as CA knows how, ( in my mind), this is user error or the fact that the user does not know how CA works.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Bottom line, CA is building TWO ROOF PLANES. One is based off of the garage top plate and other build off of the second floor top plate.................. and then putting in another roof to connect the two.................

Is this right? I don't know.
    Could CA do a better job? I don't know.

All I know is that CA is doing the best it can based on the parameters that RJ initially set up.

Again, I repeat, this is the weakness of the auto roof.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

You're welcome Scott........Looks like Perry's way works. For some reason, it joins slightly different in the valley. I guess that's what happens depending on the method you use. I used the join roof tool, to reconnect the small gable, to the main roof and it was slightly off.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roof-1.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	54623Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roof-2.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	54624
    Cliff
    X6

Vista Home Premium SP-2
    Gateway FX6800-01e
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
    7.00 GB RAM DDR 3........64-bit OS
    NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250/PCIe/SSE2 1024 MB Memory

Quote Originally Posted by ambrozac View Post
    You're welcome Scott........Looks like Perry's way works. For some reason, it joins slightly different in the valley. I guess that's what happens depending on the method you use. I used the join roof tool, to reconnect the small gable, to the main roof and it was slightly off.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roof-1.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	54623Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roof-2.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	54624
    As I have stated before, if you post your solution, I would venture to guess that I can come up with an error in your method. But if you are happy, I am happy.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

Quote Originally Posted by dshall View Post
    As I have stated before, if you post your solution, I would venture to guess that I can come up with an error in your method.....
    Not following your comment Scott. Just showing a difference in methods. What, which method are you referring to? Personally, I wouldn't use Perry's method, only because the wall didn't need to be moved........but, Perry shows the wall can be moved, roof built, then move the wall back, if you want the roof to build in one section......However, from my viewpoint, the valley forms better, when planes are generated on two different levels, then joined.
    Cliff
    X6

Vista Home Premium SP-2
    Gateway FX6800-01e
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
    7.00 GB RAM DDR 3........64-bit OS
    NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250/PCIe/SSE2 1024 MB Memory