Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: X5 beta

Quote Originally Posted by William H Lynch View Post
    The window, door labels in elevation views seduced me into X5! So far no problems, even with old, old, files...

Yes, there are a few quirks, like full gable returns with extensions, but nothing I can't fix....

Bill
    Bill, ain't the opening call outs in elevation the coolest thing? I love them, a bit of a quirk here and there that I can't quite put my finger on, but I love it. And with billemery's door and window schedule revelation, I am in hog heaven.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Since I just finished 2 projects and am starting 3 new projects with-in the next 2 weeks that are not on tight timelines, I think I will save the completed plans as X4 and start the new projects in X5.

thanks for the input.
    Ben Johnson
    B&B Builders
    Rigby, ID
    Chief X5
    Windows 7
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @3.40 GHz
    16 GB Ram
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefer View Post
    X5 is not yet stable.
    Chief X5 is not yet stable on my system either. I crashed again when changing out materials. My mistake starting a project in X5 that I may not be able to finish. Perhaps I can simply paint the stucco or find another workaround for now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Crash Report 2.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	54522
    The purpose of Government is to control the common resources, not the common man.

Larry Hawes
    Hawes Home Design
    Vista, CA
    Hawes Home Design

X5 and X6 Public Beta 3
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
    Motherboard EVGA Classified SR-2
    Processors (2) 6 core Xeon L5640
    Memory 24GB PNY DDR3 1600
    Video EVGA GTX 780
    Monitor 26" LG 1920 x 1200
    21" Viewsonic

My advice is to do what you feel comfortable with.

While some have done working drawings with early betas, others are less willing to take that risk.

Our level of quality on this release is at least as good as X4 was at this point in my opinion.

The more this beta gets used the better. If there is a serious issue in this beta that only effects you due to the way you work then it is unlikely that we will find it until you start using the program.

If on the other hand the way you work is very much like the way most people work then it is likely that we have already found and fixed the issues that would effect you and should logically make this beta stable for you.

The question is do you trust others to make sure that the way you work has been well tested.

From a logic standpoint it makes sense to jump in and use this beta until you find and issue that stops you then make sure it gets reported to us.

Of course there is some risk to that and depending on what you are doing it may make sense to wait if you can't risk the completion of a project.

Make up your own mind, but we would really appreciate it if you can find the time to work with this beta so we can find and fix as many issues as possible before we go to the final release.

A great big thank you to all who have found and reported issues. Your efforts benefit everyone who uses Chief.
    Doug Park
    Principal Software Architect
    Chief Architect, Inc.

Good advice Doug and I've been very very happy with X5 and I think I can find a way around the crash I illustrated above by using the rainbow tool instead of the wall definition dbx but it's not that consistent to pin point it exactly.

I can't be sure your tech team is aware of this particular bug and will make time to report it later, though as I mentioned a an earlier post that's not a very user friendly process - which is by definition at cross purposes.
    The purpose of Government is to control the common resources, not the common man.

Larry Hawes
    Hawes Home Design
    Vista, CA
    Hawes Home Design

X5 and X6 Public Beta 3
    Video EVGA GTX 780
    21" Viewsonic

Quote Originally Posted by perryh View Post
    Chiefer
    You just cant make those statements. X5 is great if you know what your doing.
    perryh,

why can't i just make those statements?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	full return extended.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	199.2 KB 
ID:	54525  
    Jintu E.P. Montego
    info@jintudesigns.com
    jintu@cadexpress.biz

X5
    Triweekly rendering updates on facebook

--------------
    Windows 7 Home Premium - 64bit
    Processor: 3rd Gen Intel Core i7-3770 3.40GHZ 8MB (Ivy Bridge)
    Mobo: ASUS P8H77 - MLE
    RAM: 8GB DDR3 PC1333 Kingston ( 2x4GB)
    Hard Disk: WD Caviar Green 1 TB
    Video Card: 1GB Sapphire Radeon HD6670 DDR5

Yeah that is kinda funny Perry - but in this case we know I don't know what I'm doing so perhaps your statement is more accurate than I'd like to admit.

Larry Hawes
    Hawes Home Design
    Vista, CA
    Hawes Home Design

X5 and X6 Public Beta 3
    Video EVGA GTX 780
    21" Viewsonic

Upgrade your system operation system to windows 7, and see. I'm not sure if Chief even supports X5 on Windows XP, or you guys have hardware problems, video card etc.
    Perry
    P.H. DESIGNS L.L.C.
    Eastvale Calif.
    Alienware, liquid cooled
    Ver 10-"X6 x64 SSA
    WIN 8.1 PRO 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
    i7 920 2.67-- 12 GB Ram
    40" led monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefer View Post
    perryh,

why can't i just make those statements?
    Yeah Perry, why can't we make those statements, I have studs sticking out of my roof............... whats' up with that? There could be some major problems here...................... just kidding guys, I am just goofing with you.

Name:	wall sticking out 2.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	192.3 KB 
ID:	54527  
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Must I tell you how to fix that, I'll do a video in my head and send it to you.
    Perry
    P.H. DESIGNS L.L.C.
    Eastvale Calif.
    Alienware, liquid cooled
    Ver 10-"X6 x64 SSA
    WIN 8.1 PRO 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
    i7 920 2.67-- 12 GB Ram
    40" led monitor

Quote Originally Posted by perryh View Post
    Upgrade your system operation system to windows 7, and see. I'm not sure if Chief even supports X5 on Windows XP, or you guys have hardware problems, video card etc.
    Perry,

Not that simple here as that represents hundreds of dollars by the time I get all drivers and software versions updated and maybe even new hardware (printer) to support Win7.

Did you read somewhere that X5 does not/should not run on Xp Pro? Has CA issued a statement saying as much?

And how can you possibly know that this is not a problem with X5?

And that I/we actually do know what we are doing, (scratch that) and our hardware and OS are just fine?

Really curious how you can make those leaps in logic.

Larry Hawes
    Hawes Home Design
    Vista, CA
    Hawes Home Design

X5 and X6 Public Beta 3
    Video EVGA GTX 780
    21" Viewsonic

Quote Originally Posted by dshall View Post
    Yeah Perry, why can't we make those statements, I have studs sticking out of my roof............... whats' up with that? There could be some major problems here...................... just kidding guys, I am just goofing with you.
    That's obviously a hardware problem - not enough memory - no wait that's my brain I'm thinking about - huh? what was I saying? you don't know what you're doing - no wait that's me - oh crap I forget - not enough memory

Larry Hawes
    Hawes Home Design
    Vista, CA
    Hawes Home Design

X5 and X6 Public Beta 3
    Video EVGA GTX 780
    21" Viewsonic

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleChief View Post
    That's obviously a hardware problem - not enough memory - no wait that's my brain I'm thinking about - huh? what was I saying? you don't know what you're doing - no wait that's me - oh crap I forget - not enough memory
    lol, I am not sure how Perry assumes that it is an XP issue, but he knows more about that stuff than I, but I am with Perry, X5 seems to works pretty darn nicely............... I do everything on X5 now, there is no going back for me........ I love X5, I love billemeries door and window schedules, I love the opening call outs in elevation, I love my wife and I love my life............. hey CA, please fix this, thank you, thank you very much.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

Hi Larry,

Do you know a workaround for this?

Thanks

Name:	full return extended.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	199.2 KB 
ID:	54529  
    Jintu E.P. Montego
    info@jintudesigns.com
    jintu@cadexpress.biz

X5
    Triweekly rendering updates on facebook

--------------
    Windows 7 Home Premium - 64bit
    Processor: 3rd Gen Intel Core i7-3770 3.40GHZ 8MB (Ivy Bridge)
    Mobo: ASUS P8H77 - MLE
    RAM: 8GB DDR3 PC1333 Kingston ( 2x4GB)
    Hard Disk: WD Caviar Green 1 TB
    Video Card: 1GB Sapphire Radeon HD6670 DDR5

Larry, because most people just aren't having the problems you are. It's not you its the machine your working on. I have to get a new system every couple of years to keep up, and yes it does cost but just part of the being in this business.
    Perry
    P.H. DESIGNS L.L.C.
    Eastvale Calif.
    Alienware, liquid cooled
    Ver 10-"X6 x64 SSA
    WIN 8.1 PRO 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
    i7 920 2.67-- 12 GB Ram
    40" led monitor