Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Carrick View Post
    Most of the items in the Library are Symbols that are assigned a specific category and have specific behaviors. Once you have learned the basics of Chief you will recognize what items are appropriate and how to make your own Library Items to function as you want them to.
    What if CA had the symbol's use information display in the status bar when an item in the library were highlighted?

Example: highlight a sofa, and in the status bar "Interior Furniture - sits on floor" would be displayed.

While I agree, this becomes pretty intuitive after using the program for a while, it is not in the beginning.

Also, there is no downside to displaying the info in the status bar, and probably requires very little programming.
    Kind Regards,
    Dave Pitman

Current Version: X5
    System
    Win-7 64 bit
    Intel i7 930 (2.8 ghz x 4)
    Nvidia gtx 260 (1 gb ram)
    12 gb ddr3 ram

Quote Originally Posted by NW Dave View Post
    What if CA had the symbol's use information display in the status bar when an item in the library were highlighted?

Currently, the sy

Example: highlight a sofa, and in the status bar "Interior Furniture - sits on floor" would be displayed.

While I agree, this becomes pretty intuitive after using the program for a while, it is not in the beginning.

Also, there is no downside to displaying the info in the status bar, and probably requires very little programming.
    Great idea!
    Or as my visiting French Architect design instructor would say: Bone-E-Day
    Joseph P. Carrick, Architect - AIA
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1
    Chief Architect 9, 10, X1, X3, X4 Premium, X5 Premium, X6 Premium

Thanks Joe for your response. I still think it would be good and more reasonable for the program to have some sort of note in the library (each folder) to indicate this so more users do not spend a lot of time finding this out.

Big thanks Joe, took me about 60 seconds to follow your instructions and works great.

Now to try and get a roll of barbed wire across the top...

Done it, Sketchup warehouse barbed wire. The 2D is wrong but fine in 3D
    Andy
    London, UK
    X6
    Property Development

xxxxxx
    Dell XPS
    O/S: Windows 7 64bit
    Processor: 2nd generation Intel Core i7-2670QM 2.20 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.10 GHz
    Memory: 16GB 1600 DDR3
    Screen: Dual 15.6" 1920x1080 and 28" 1920 x 1200
    Graphics: 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M
    Coffee: Lavazza