Hybrid View

I think that is a fair and understandable position Richard. If I used anything other than Chief (and Vectorworks) I would use ArchiCad (and probably then wouldn't need Vectorworks). Since I don't usually get a call to do a 15th century cathedral all too often, I don't run into conflicts. I do like knowing the apps I use "could" handle anything, and that is where Vectorworks comes in - it could do that cathedral, but I think ArchiCad is more refined for that type of modeling.

I have an old copy of Archicad - and I've considered upgrading. Part of my issue is that Chief does interior work so well, and its been something I've began to offer more and more. I do wish Chief would get their modeling down where they do what ArchiCAD does and lets the user create a "type" from the object/model they draw/shape - not the other way around.

I want to create a general shape/object and then associate it as column or fascia or slab (type). Not model a slab that is then used as a fascia or column.
    X5
    i7-3930k Dell XPS - 16GB Ram
    (2) 30" Dell 3008WFP Monitors
    Wacom 24HD