Hybrid View

I typically don't do a lot of sloped walls, but my one current project does have a sloped curtain wall in it, its a 3 storey duplex that has a composite slab (concrete over steel q deck basically) for each floor with steel posts and beams. I also do a lot of CD for an architect, and have a lot of designs where we come up with the detail on how we want a door to be built because the architect is a simplest, and doesn't want to see any profile or anything. He also designs lots of bridges in his design, which usually involve a couple of steel beams with a 2x6 or similar deck fastened to the steel beam with glass railing. Anyways, so I have lots of standardized / non standardized construction techniques that I deal with.

I was just hoping if someone has run into an issue with certain designs with Chief, if they could explain what those issues were.

Maybe for the more complex CD I would still need to use AutoCAD. If I did this, would you guys suggest setting up the printed layouts in autocad? or importing the CAD drawings back to chief to do that?

I guess another way to look at it would be, do you find that you end up designing what Chief can draw, or can chief draw and match what your intentions are in the design? Because most of the projects that I personally design are "standard" and I'm sure chief could do for me, however the CD's I do for one architect (lets just say he doesn't consider accepting a project unless he sees it to be an opportunity to be published) can be completely unique.
    Last edited by D.Y.D.; 08-21-2013 at 08:44 AM.