Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Chief Challenge 3

Okay, Chieftains here is another Chief Challenge. Make an above ground pond that has an irregular shape. I do not want it truly round or square or a rectangle. I want it 24” deep, made of stone and then I want a 12” side ledge and then I want the water 18” deep. If you do it right it will look something like this. As before do not post you answers here. Send your answers directly to me by clicking on the word e-mail to send me you answer. Sending your answers directly to me will allow all to participate. Thanks for your cooperation.

Chlorinated or not?

I thought having the Chief Challenges was a good idea. I guess I was mistaken. I am finding very little interest in this. I guess because it's free very few people see the value in it! As of this posting 171 views and 4 posts.

Thanks to the users who did participate!!

You must be patient, Grasshoppa.

Perhaps it is the nature of the challenge. Of all Chief users, how many design for a specific piece of property, and of those, which also design landscaping?

For example, all my plans are stock plans, most are designed for a lot that is either 50' x 100' or 100' x 50'.

I really like the structural Chief Challenges, though.
    Jason McQueen

mcqueenj1977 @yahoo.com --- PO Box 248, Bovey MN 55709
    CA X1 -&- Artlantis Studio

Louis,

Perhaps they are too easy! :-)
    Glenn

Chief X5
    www.glennwoodward.com.au

Windows 7 - Home Premium
    Intel i7-920
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
    6 Gb DDR3 1600MHz
    EVGA GTX285 1GbDDR3
    1TB Sata HD

Challenge

I am very interested in your challenges! I’m a very busy Chief user and I (like many others I’m sure) don’t have time to respond at the drop of a hat! I have been waiting for another challenge for weeks and if I remember correctly, someone else was too busy to get around to it. All I’m saying is give it more than a day. I do believe we (all the users) greatly benefit from your knowledge and appreciate the time you spend creating these challenges, but we also have businesses to run and lives to live. As for me? I’m out of here for a week!!!! After 2 months without a day off, I need some time.

Thank you Louis

Sincerely,
    Mike
    UNIQUE REMODELING

Since you posted on a Saturday, you should have figured you would get very little response until Monday or Tuesday. I would wait a week for responses before implying that no one is interested. We are all interested in your challenges and like Mike stated we can't try and do it at the drop of a hat. Just give it some time and you will get plenty of responses.

Thank you for the Challenges
    Brian J. Larson, PBD
    Residential Drafting Services
    8901 Nevada Circle North
    Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, 55445
    763-425-8349 (office)
    763-425-8691 (fax)
    r-d-s@comcast.net

Okay guys, Thanks for the responses. I will wait a week or so and see what happens. I think you can see how it can be a little discouraging, as of ths posting there have been 292 views and 5 people have sent answers. Is it the same few people viewing over and over?

You can count me in for 8 views.
    Brian J. Larson, PBD
    Residential Drafting Services
    8901 Nevada Circle North
    Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, 55445
    763-425-8349 (office)
    763-425-8691 (fax)
    r-d-s@comcast.net

So where's your answer Brian?

louis,

I'm a fairly new user and just returned from vacation to see your post and look forward to your challenges and their solutions very much but be aware that people such as myself, who truly appreciate the effort you put into your posts and the personal help you have provided in the past, have no idea how to solve some of them as my skills with CA are sub-par at best.

So I may one of the viewers in the future without any input but I do look forward very much to learn the solutions to add to my skill levels.

So I can promise you that I will continue to appreciate your input and efforts but I can't promise that I will immediately recognize those efforts with a post to a challenge I cannot personally solve, or post a response within a certain time frame that will allow you to feel like your posts and efforts have some value here - just assume they do.

Thank you and I look forward to the solution.
    The purpose of Government is to control the common resources, not the common man.

Larry Hawes
    Hawes Home Design
    Vista, CA
    Hawes Home Design

X5 and X6 Public Beta 3
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
    Motherboard EVGA Classified SR-2
    Processors (2) 6 core Xeon L5640
    Memory 24GB PNY DDR3 1600
    Video EVGA GTX 780
    Monitor 26" LG 1920 x 1200
    21" Viewsonic

Giant clue. One of the people who sent answers to me built the pond like I did. I did not build the pond with a poly-line slab. A polyline slab is one way to build an object like this. The point of this exercise is to learn that there are some new tools in Chief Architect that we can use to make objects like this pond.

Humbly, I would suggest that you try to make a pond on your own. This is how we all learn best, by doing, ... and I have given a big clue has to how to make it.

436 views and 6 answers.