Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Hybrid View

Cliff, there is no need to buy a head set, you can call in to a telephone number that gotomeeting will set up and you can talk to Scott over the phone. And gotomeeting will record the phone call as well.
    The only down side to that is that if the phone number is long distance for you there maybe a charge. If you have a nationwide calling plan then there's no charge. You could even call from a cell phone that has nationwide calling.

I'm just trying to help out.

And you can set the program to "show my screen" and it will show the entire screen any and all programs.

Before he turns on the recording button you two should test out the connection and get all the bugs worked out.

If you need any help doing this just let me know I'll help any way I can.
    Thanks to both of you for considering it.
    Jim Rogers
    Jim Rogers Timber Designs
    Georgetown, MA, USA
    email: jrsawmill@verizon.net
    V9.54-V10.08a-VX1.5.4.17-VX2-VX3-VX4-VX5

Thanks Jim. I'll see what Scott had rather do. I am hoping to teach him in a short amount of time, so he can do the video on his own. I'm thinking 5 minutes max., to teach him what I know.

Basically all the program does, is gives you the ability to assign 2 character hotkeys and will perform operations automatically, within a dbx, according to the way you have the macro programmed. Same as you would do if you used keystrokes to open the dbx. You can run the Macro via an Icon, hotkey, menu, or window tray. It can be assigned multiple hotkeys. The toolbar can be visible, hidden, floating, or docked.
    Cliff
    X6

Vista Home Premium SP-2
    Gateway FX6800-01e
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
    7.00 GB RAM DDR 3........64-bit OS
    NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250/PCIe/SSE2 1024 MB Memory

Quote Originally Posted by ambrozac View Post
    Basically all the program does, is ........
    Joe, what I meant to say, is I only use the program to automatically perform operations within a dbx and is simple. You'll be able to figure out the harder portions of the program, which 'till now, I've not had any interest in learning. Let us know what you come up with and it may spark an interest.
    Cliff
    X6

Vista Home Premium SP-2
    Gateway FX6800-01e

Cliff,

Can you tell me if you need to Enter after a 2 letter command.

And also, do you have to press the 2 keys together, or can you press one key and then the next, and then have the macro execute?
    Glenn

Chief X5
    www.glennwoodward.com.au

Windows 7 - Home Premium
    Intel i7-920
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
    6 Gb DDR3 1600MHz
    EVGA GTX285 1GbDDR3
    1TB Sata HD

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Woodward View Post
    Cliff,

Can you tell me if you need to Enter after a 2 letter command.

And also, do you have to press the 2 keys together, or can you press one key and then the next, and then have the macro execute?
    Glenn,

Press one key, then the next, to get the macro to execute. After the last key is pressed, the macro will execute without needing to Enter. You can possibly set the program to use the Enter key, but I have no problems the way it is. There is an area for a check box that states: Start Macro after all Hotkeys are released. I have this box checked, but I really don't know what it means. When I uncheck it, it still executes the macro, after the last letter is entered. I'll read the help section and see what it does.
    Cliff
    X6

Vista Home Premium SP-2
    Gateway FX6800-01e

I will be looking at what graphics I can automate. I've already done a couple of simple structures by recording the whole process. This is something that Chief can't do at present using a "Block" because it doesn't allow walls, etc to be included in a block.

However, for many things Chief's blocks and symbols are more comprehensive.

I think there's a huge amount of power here but I just need to figure out what the best uses are.
    Joseph P. Carrick, Architect - AIA
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1
    Chief Architect 9, 10, X1, X3, X4 Premium, X5 Premium, X6 Premium

Thank you guys, this could be very powerful. I think what people might be wondering is ,how to set this thing up. Nice, looks like Cliff sure has it down. I wonder if there is a way to get the reference set to pair to the anno sets and the layout. That would save a lot of time.
    Last edited by perryh; 07-07-2012 at 10:28 AM.
    Perry
    P.H. DESIGNS L.L.C.
    Eastvale Calif.
    Alienware, liquid cooled
    Ver 10-"X6 x64 SSA
    WIN 8.1 PRO 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
    i7 920 2.67-- 12 GB Ram
    40" led monitor