Eastvale Calif.
    Alienware, liquid cooled
    Ver 10-"X6 x64 SSA
    WIN 8.1 PRO 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
    i7 920 2.67-- 12 GB Ram
    40" led monitor

Quote Originally Posted by ambrozac View Post
    Scott........What if you export your hotkeys for your backup, I'll send you mine so you can import them. I'll send you a blank plan and the macro file. My plan will have the correct layer names, etc., that corresponds to the Macro file.....However, you will need to download the MacroToolworks Pro version from their website, but I believe it gives you a 30 day free trial before requiring you to order (check with Perry)........As for the headsets, I would really have no use for them beyond this meeting. We could still set up the meeting and I can guide you through operating the program. It should be very simple to do and you will learn the program in a matter of minutes, instead of hours.
    Okay, got it. This is what I will do...........
    I do not know how to export my hotkeys but I assume you can help me with that.
    I will get the program
    you will send me a blank plan and the macro file
    We will do a GOTOMEETING that you will guide me through and I will record to share

Time frame, oh boy, I have two appts. today so today will not work
    I will try to download program tomorrow.
    I have a few jobs I need to finish by wednesday...................
    I suppose next Saturday will work for me if it works for you, I would prefer 6:00 am pst which is 8:00 your time, but I am flexible so let me know what works for you.

Bottom line, I plan on having everything I need for a possible GOTOMEETING with you next Saturday. Thanks Bill/Cliff.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Love it guys, cant wait.
    Perry
    P.H. DESIGNS L.L.C.
    Eastvale Calif.
    Alienware, liquid cooled
    Ver 10-"X6 x64 SSA
    WIN 8.1 PRO 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
    i7 920 2.67-- 12 GB Ram
    40" led monitor

Quote Originally Posted by perryh View Post
    Yes free 30 day trial with tutorials
    I will do that and hopefully spend a little time prior to meeting so I am relatively familiar with it prior to the new Chief Architect Training Show with special guest Cliff "Ambrozac" Cain. All this trouble because of Jim Rogers, thanks Jim.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

That will work for me.......You have an export icon for Hotkeys, or under File/Export/Hotkeys. Export your Hotkeys, so you can restore them to your plans, when finished demonstrating the program...... Same whenever you import, except you will use the import icon, or located under File/Import/Hotkeys...

I'll can send a blank Plan File, Macros, and Hotkeys now, but I'll need your email address. Call anytime and I'll help you set it up. Shouldn't take longer than 5 minutes and you'll be using the program.
    Cliff
    X6

Vista Home Premium SP-2
    Gateway FX6800-01e
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
    7.00 GB RAM DDR 3........64-bit OS
    NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250/PCIe/SSE2 1024 MB Memory

That will work for me.......You have an export icon for Hotkeys, or under File/Export/Hotkeys. Export your Hotkeys, so you can restore them to your plans, when finished demonstrating the program...... Same whenever you import, except you will use the import icon, or located under File/Import/Hotkeys...

I'll can send a blank Plan File, Macros, and Hotkeys now, but I'll need your email address. Call anytime and I'll help you set it up. Shouldn't take longer than 5 minutes and you'll be using the program.
    email is

dscotthall@mac.com
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

Scott guarantees the best price on all his videos, or its FREE.
    Perry
    P.H. DESIGNS L.L.C.
    Eastvale Calif.
    Alienware, liquid cooled
    Ver 10-"X6 x64 SSA
    WIN 8.1 PRO 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
    i7 920 2.67-- 12 GB Ram
    40" led monitor

Email has been sent.
    Cliff
    X6

Vista Home Premium SP-2
    Gateway FX6800-01e

OK, I've downloaded and installed it. I have created a test macro and I can run it but making sure I get it to run in Chief is important and not so simple - at least not yet.

How can I set up the toolbar in Chief so that I can just click on the icon or use a hotkey?

I know this must be pretty easy but I haven't figured it out.
    Joseph P. Carrick, Architect - AIA
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1
    Chief Architect 9, 10, X1, X3, X4 Premium, X5 Premium, X6 Premium

Joe, The program is designed to be used with other programs, but does not setup directly within Chief. I attached a jpg showing how I have mine set up. The Macro Toolbar is located at the top of Chief. It can be placed anywhere, floating, docked, or hidden. I chose to have mine visible, but doesn't have to be......Now that I think about it, if you got the free version, it's different from the Pro. I don't know what it does.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Setup.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	224.2 KB 
ID:	53321
    Cliff
    X6

Vista Home Premium SP-2
    Gateway FX6800-01e

Another thing you will need to do, is set up the scope of the Macro Group properties. Right click on a folder (shown on left) and open Properties.

Name:	Add Setup.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	53323
    Cliff
    X6

Vista Home Premium SP-2
    Gateway FX6800-01e

Cliff,

I can set up the toolbar without any problem. My question is how do I set a macro to automatically run in the Chief Window? If I set up a specific toolbar with only macros that are to be executed in Chief and just display that toolbar when I'm using Chief then what's the key to have the macro execute in the Chief Window when I select the macro.
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1

Another thing you will need to do, is set up the scope of the Macro Group properties. Right click on a folder (shown on left) and open Properties.

Name:	Add Setup.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	53323
    Thanks, that's what I needed.
    Windows 8.1

You're welcome. My macros run better and more consistently with these settings:

Name:	General.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	53325

Name:	Macro-More.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	185.1 KB 
ID:	53326

You can play around with it and see what works best for you. The following is a Macro, that turns the Main Layer On/Off, provided your Hotkey is (`), to open "Display Options" and the layer name is correct. This can then be copied to turn On/Off other layers, provided you change to the correct layer name. I assigned ML as the Hotkey, that will turn ON/Off the "Walls, Main Layer Only"

`<home>Walls, M<tab><tab><tab><tab><tab><tab><tab> <enter>
    Cliff
    X6

Vista Home Premium SP-2
    Gateway FX6800-01e

Cliff, there is no need to buy a head set, you can call in to a telephone number that gotomeeting will set up and you can talk to Scott over the phone. And gotomeeting will record the phone call as well.
    The only down side to that is that if the phone number is long distance for you there maybe a charge. If you have a nationwide calling plan then there's no charge. You could even call from a cell phone that has nationwide calling.

I'm just trying to help out.

And you can set the program to "show my screen" and it will show the entire screen any and all programs.

Before he turns on the recording button you two should test out the connection and get all the bugs worked out.

If you need any help doing this just let me know I'll help any way I can.
    Thanks to both of you for considering it.
    Jim Rogers
    Jim Rogers Timber Designs
    Georgetown, MA, USA
    email: jrsawmill@verizon.net
    V9.54-V10.08a-VX1.5.4.17-VX2-VX3-VX4-VX5