Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dshall View Post
    Joe, this was some pretty neat stuff, to complicated to wrap my head around in the time I spent with Cliff, but some really neat possiblities.
    Scott,

When I was working at CalComp from 1980 to 1985 we had the ability to string together hundreds of keyboard and mouse inputs such that an entire floor plan could be created just by typing "@plan" or whatever we named the macro. If this tool has the same ability but with a built-in recorder (we had to enter the macro entirely by keyboard, including the coordinate values and the menu ID's).
    Joseph P. Carrick, Architect - AIA
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1
    Chief Architect 9, 10, X1, X3, X4 Premium, X5 Premium, X6 Premium

Perry,

Why not just download the free version - at least to test - since it seems to have most of the functionality?
    Joseph P. Carrick, Architect - AIA
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1
    Chief Architect 9, 10, X1, X3, X4 Premium, X5 Premium, X6 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Carrick View Post
    Perry,

Why not just download the free version - at least to test - since it seems to have most of the functionality?
    They have a 30 day money back thing going and I have to spend to keep up with my wife. I'm sure I will use it, even just for text macro's because I hate to type.
    Perry
    P.H. DESIGNS L.L.C.
    Eastvale Calif.
    Alienware, liquid cooled
    Ver 10-"X6 x64 SSA
    WIN 8.1 PRO 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
    i7 920 2.67-- 12 GB Ram
    40" led monitor

I'm curious if the macro scripts created by this device can be exported to others

many chiefers are not "programmers" and it might be possible to create "scripts" that could be shared or sold ???

I'm still hoping that CA will wake up and give Ruby a recording feature and full access to the Chief API

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

From what I read--Yes, they even have a mini program you can send with macros.
    free download , take a look. You can also record keystrokes.
    Last edited by perryh; 06-29-2012 at 04:31 PM.
    Perry
    P.H. DESIGNS L.L.C.
    Eastvale Calif.
    Alienware, liquid cooled
    Ver 10-"X6 x64 SSA
    WIN 8.1 PRO 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
    i7 920 2.67-- 12 GB Ram
    40" led monitor

Perry:

would love to but I am buying a house and raising puppies

not enough brain cells left for anything else

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

Ok got it, looks very promising. Now just need time to learn it.
    There is a tutorial if anyone is interested that comes with the free download.
    You can send your macros to others also.
    Perry
    P.H. DESIGNS L.L.C.
    Eastvale Calif.
    Alienware, liquid cooled
    Ver 10-"X6 x64 SSA
    WIN 8.1 PRO 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
    i7 920 2.67-- 12 GB Ram
    40" led monitor

I probably should have suggested this yesterday when you, Scott, said you were going to call Cliff and discuss this.
    You should have, if you didn't, done it with a gotomeeting call and recorded it. That way you could have it to review to learn how Cliff uses these macros.
    And you could have posted it.
    This gotomeeting option, that is you and someone else, asking questions about what you are showing is or would be a great learning experience for everyone.

With the other drawing program I use we do monthly user meetings, similar to what Tommy Blair does, and we record them. During the meeting if a user has a question about what's being shown, they ask, and the presenter can go into further detailed answers.
    After we have a site where they are stored and other users who couldn't attend the meeting can download the video and replay it to learn from them.

If you did some of your videos with the person who is requesting the help, he could ask specific questions and you could show him these specific answers. I know it could be a scheduling issue, but it may benefit everyone.

Just my idea, about how you could make your videos so much more.
    Jim Rogers
    Jim Rogers Timber Designs
    Georgetown, MA, USA
    email: jrsawmill@verizon.net
    V9.54-V10.08a-VX1.5.4.17-VX2-VX3-VX4-VX5

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rogers View Post
    You should have, if you didn't, done it with a gotomeeting call and recorded it....................
    I thought of it and almost did it. The issue with that there was a lot of me being chatty and it was a long phone call. It would be swell if Cliff could do a video ................. or maybe if Cliff does not have the means and if he is willing, we could do it again with less of the chatty stuff that I am prone to do.

He spent about 15 minutes showing me how he works, but he did not show me how to set it up. He was giving me a taste of the possiblities.

To restate what he showed me................. he showed how he used two stroke keyboard shortcuts to do a multitude of tasks, something Glenn Woodward has been advocating.

One of my reservations to using this "side" program, is sometimes there might be a disconnnect with CA. And this did happen once. I would prefer that this capability be part of the CA program............... hey CA, this should be easy to do...... just uplink the dohickey to the thingamagig and we are good to go.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Dog gone you Jim, now you got me thinking. That is a great idea. Cliff, are you interested? I think you could save us all a lot of time by sharing your method. Let me know if you are interested, this could be fun. I could play moderator and you could be my guest on the Chief Architect Training Show with my special guest, Cliff "Ambrozac" Cain.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

CA does a hot keys now, so what am I missing. I am assuming the hot keys that CA has are a bit limiting whereas this side program would give us many many more opportunities to speed up the drawing process.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

Right now you can't record keystrokes with Ruby because Chief won't allow it. With Toolworks you can automate just about anything including, adding toolbars for things like inserting a symbol or drawing a foundation ,then place it in the drawing, its unlimited. you could even record the keystrokes for drawing a house or garage place it on the toolbar then hit the build garage button, it will draw it for you. I'm still getting into what it can do so still learning.
    Perry
    P.H. DESIGNS L.L.C.
    Eastvale Calif.
    Alienware, liquid cooled
    Ver 10-"X6 x64 SSA
    WIN 8.1 PRO 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
    i7 920 2.67-- 12 GB Ram
    40" led monitor

Scott, we can try it if you want, but remember I don't have headsets, it doesn't show the Macro toolbar, and the recording program slows down the macro process some. Is there a setting for "Go to Meeting", that will allow it to record the full screen and not just one program at a time? The toolbar is a major part of the macro program also.
    Cliff
    X6

Vista Home Premium SP-2
    Gateway FX6800-01e
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
    7.00 GB RAM DDR 3........64-bit OS
    NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250/PCIe/SSE2 1024 MB Memory

Quote Originally Posted by ambrozac View Post
    Scott, we can try it if you want, but remember I don't have headsets, it doesn't show the Macro toolbar, and the recording program slows down the macro process some. Is there a setting for "Go to Meeting", that will allow it to record the full screen and not just one program at a time? The toolbar is a major part of the macro program also.
    Hi Cliff (for some reason I want to keep calling you Bill, would you consider changing your name?), I am almost positive you can show your full screen. Let me say this, I know I can show my full screen to you, I am assuming there is a setting that allows YOU to decide if you want to show your full screen or only a particular program to the viewer.

Remember, you were able to show me your MARCROWORKS but not CA at the same time, so I will restate, I believe there would be a setting on your computer, using my GOTOMEETING that would allow you to show both and we can verify that prior to doing the meeting. I think before we do this, you would need the head sets. I believe you can get a set at Fry's or your local electronics store for about 30.00. Look for a headset with USB input port and a set of headphones that would have a MUTE button on the headset chord. I have a LOGITECH, it works just fine and I believe it was less than 30.00.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

Scott........What if you export your hotkeys for your backup, I'll send you mine so you can import them. I'll send you a blank plan and the macro file. My plan will have the correct layer names, etc., that corresponds to the Macro file.....However, you will need to download the MacroToolworks Pro version from their website, but I believe it gives you a 30 day free trial before requiring you to order (check with Perry)........As for the headsets, I would really have no use for them beyond this meeting. We could still set up the meeting and I can guide you through operating the program. It should be very simple to do and you will learn the program in a matter of minutes, instead of hours.
    Cliff
    X6

Vista Home Premium SP-2
    Gateway FX6800-01e
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
    7.00 GB RAM DDR 3........64-bit OS
    NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250/PCIe/SSE2 1024 MB Memory