Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Hi Justice

Thanks for your kind words.

I have actually started winding down a bit. Have been very busy, but I have now found it necessary to knock back some work to concentrate on more important things.

Thanks again,

Regards

Len
    Len Martin BDAV
    RBP DP-AD1885
    Melbourne
    Australia

V4 through to X6 16.1.1.9X64
    "A putt left short will never go in the hole"

Daisy is offline Registered User Promoted
    Although I only started using CA (Premier X4) recently, it beats ArchiCAD (which I used at work for over 15 years!) in many fronts, in particular speed, user-friendliness and library content. Fantastic piece of software! Congrats on your 20 years.
    DAISY
    B.Arch

Chief Architect Premier X4
    MacBook Pro i5 - 13 in - 4G Ram
    Bootcamp Windows 7 (64bit)

My father has been a contractor for years and drew many a plan at night with a pencil and paper. Have you ever heard of such? As many changes as I have to make to plans for customers, I cannot see how people ever did that!

Anyways, he had a couple jobs coming up that needed to be drawn and he didn't have time for it so he did the research and made the decision to get chief and turned it over to me. I started with 9.5 and learned from scratch. First drawing was actually a pretty hard one if I remember right. I believe it was a church. I am now staying very busy drawing on the side from my construction work. Usually have 2-3 drawings going at a time (granted I admit I'm not the fastest being I do it on the side but usually am fast enough to keep up with the customer and their decision making process).

Thanks, Chief and all the members of Chieftalk for being so helpful!
    Les Unruh
    Columbus, MS
    lesudesign@gmail.com
    9.5-X4

Joey R. Martin,aibd,cgp,cga,caps
    Martin Design & Planning
    Elwood, Indiana
    Cell. 765-860-3567
    eMail. joeymdp@gmail.com

I started using 3D Home Architect (Broderbund) in 1997 when we bought our first house in Palos Verdes, California and began gutting it from top to bottom. That program allowed us to pull building permits and have a successful remodel. My husband was an engineer at that time, but always wanted to be an architect (still does). We continued to remodel every house we lived in and in 2003, after moving to the east coast and having a baby, I went back to school to start a second career. I went through Boston Architectural College and after graduating, began working for one of my teacher's firms. He suggested we look at Chief Architect instead of going the standard AutoCAD route. I soon discovered that Chief Architect Premiere was the latest version of the 3D Home Architect that I started with so long ago. We've had great success so far with CA and look forward to many more successes!
    Susan C
    X5 Premier
    X4, X3
    MacBook Pro 15"

Dangling preposition. Small island off the coast of Georgia between Savannah and Jacksonville.

Keeps me sharp

Began using Chief 2.0 in 1992 after reviewing available software models and evaluating relative learning curves. Chief Architect allowed me to advance to being able to design a 2d plan within 24 hours of installation of evaluation copy of Chief - awesome! This will be my 20th year of using Chief.

I no longer derive income from designs. Draw some plans for free but mostly I create "what if" scenarios. I use these two design types to stay mentally alert and sharp.

Chief Architect has helped me with both design-build and design projects in the past. I became permanently disabled about five and a half years ago and Chief has been my vehicle to keeping my sanity.

75 years old and sorry for not staying with the upgrages

I was one of the first here in Houston, I was using SoftPlan at the time, went to a meeting at a motel on HGW10 was so impresed, I bought the wonderful 7 later upgraded to 8, stayed there untill my key crashed this week, for those of us that have stuck with Chief for so many years are being punished by not being able to do anything about our problim unless we have a few thousand dollars laying around, IT's Hard Getting OLD, do not forget what your parents did for you to get you were you are today.