Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I just read the thread with the reasoning behind this tools usefulness. I think that by temporarily adding an additional angle or two to the snapping defaults you can achieve better results in a safer fashion.

Dump the tool.
    alan lehman - Lehman Design Studio - Carmel, CA
    www.LehmanDesignStudio.com
    vX5 with the latest patch
    Intel i7-3770k cpu @ 3.5ghz, 16gb mem., Win 7, Nvidia GeForce GTX 660
    "No rest for the wicked or the freelancers."

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Park View Post
    Rotate Plan View was before my time. I'm not sure why it was put in, but it was there before I fixed Edit Area to work properly.

Perhaps it is time to take it out.

Does anyone know of a legitimate way to use it?

What it does is to modify the 2D transformation so that it is rotated. This effects everything, including the grid.
    Its from the old paper days when you rotated it when you didnt want to smudge the plan when adding changes. Some of the ol' timers like that. I would put it to a vote on chief. I never used it, and since layout is in blocks that rotate dont need it ther either.
    You can Find me on http://www.facebook.com/RickThomas100
    Thank GOD for Avatars ! So ugly people can hide behind them ! LOL
    Computer User since Atari 400
    AutoCad 9.0 to 2012 till Chief Came along.
    Chief User Since Version 4.0
    Building New Homes for 35 years.
    Don't let anybody fool you ! A home builder with CAD under his belt that actually uses a hammer and computer will run circles around the Desk jockey's playing with their mouse.

OK, cannot figure out how to rotate the plan. I was drawing something for my wext coast brother in law and just found out I had the orientation wrong. Where is the rortate plan option? Transform - replicate is grayed out.
    Dennis Gavin CR, CKBR
    Gavin Design-Build
    Media, PA.
    610-353-8890
    X5

never mind.
    Dennis Gavin CR, CKBR
    Gavin Design-Build
    Media, PA.
    610-353-8890
    X5

Dangling preposition. Small island off the coast of Georgia between Savannah and Jacksonville.
    My favorite architect couldn't stand the way Georgia Tech taught all the engineering science that goes into designing a building. He left tech looking for a better way to create the buildings he knew he could and did his masters at Harvard. What a refreshing and creative soul Ed Cheshire III was. He was in the last class at Harvard that taught drawing as a presentation art sketching conceptual drawings upside down for his customers benefit. He still works on St Simons Island off the coast of GA between JAX and Savannah

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Park View Post
    Rotate Plan View was before my time. I'm not sure why it was put in, but it was there before I fixed Edit Area to work properly.
    Doug,

Please make "Edit Area" operate on "Cameras". That's the one thing that is still a problem. When you use "Edit Area / Transform Replicate" all existing Cameras are left where they were - they should be included in the transformation.

Then you can remove "Rotate Plan View" & "Reverse Plan".

Thanks, Joe
    Joseph P. Carrick, Architect - AIA
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1
    Chief Architect 9, 10, X1, X3, X4 Premium, X5 Premium, X6 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Carrick View Post
    Doug,

Please make "Edit Area" operate on "Cameras". That's the one thing that is still a problem. When you use "Edit Area / Transform Replicate" all existing Cameras are left where they were - they should be included in the transformation.

Then you can remove "Rotate Plan View" & "Reverse Plan".

Thanks, Joe
    Joe, what's wrong with REVERSE PLAN- it takes the Elevations with it. The only thing they need to fix with Reverse Plan is the naming of the left and right elevation. When reversed, the left elevation retains it's original "right elevation" name. All you have to do is open the dbx for that elevation and change "left" to "right". At least, this is the way it is on an X4 drawing I just checked. Don't ask Chief to eliminate a tool that works.-BB
    Architect,NOT! (archnot@yahoo.com): Dell XPS 8300, i7-2600 3.40 GHZ Quad Core, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, ATI-radeon HD 5700 1-gig(not by choice came with cpu), 8 GB RAM, 25" Hanspree HF 255 LCD Moniter- User since Chief '97(v6)-X4

Brad,

OK, but it's just redundant since "Edit Area -> Transform/Replicate -> Mirror" does the same thing but allows both vertical and horizontal reversing.
    Joseph P. Carrick, Architect - AIA
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1
    Chief Architect 9, 10, X1, X3, X4 Premium, X5 Premium, X6 Premium