"Demo Walls" = missing floor

Finally frustrated enough to ask the questions...
    I'm a remodeler, so I need to show existing walls to be demo and then new walls.

I draw the walls like normal, then change them to "Demo Walls" under the "Wall Type" box in the Wall Specifications. It makes the walls look like glass in 3D mode which is ok. I specified the walls to "No Room Def" so the baseboard disappears, but now the finished flooring is missing where the walls are.

Any ideas how to prevent it from happening? I know I can just as easily make a room polyline, convert to slab and make a 1/4" floor surface, but I thought there has to be an easier way.

Thanks in advance.
    Jonathan
    Chief X3
    Jonathan J. Janacek
    Remodeling, Inc.
    Sales, Design, Field Supervisor

Chief Architect 9.5-X5
    Gateway Laptop
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 @2.26ghz
    4gb Ram NVidia GeForce 9800GTS 1Gb
    Windows Vista

Quote Originally Posted by jjanacek View Post
    Finally frustrated enough to ask the questions...
    I'm a remodeler, so I need to show existing walls to be demo and then new walls.

I draw the walls like normal, then change them to "Demo Walls" under the "Wall Type" box in the Wall Specifications. It makes the walls look like glass in 3D mode which is ok. I specified the walls to "No Room Def" so the baseboard disappears, but now the finished flooring is missing where the walls are.

Any ideas how to prevent it from happening? I know I can just as easily make a room polyline, convert to slab and make a 1/4" floor surface, but I thought there has to be an easier way.

Thanks in advance.
    Jonathan
    Chief X3
    Check out these videos at ChiefTutor.com

http://www.chieftutor.com/scotthall/demo1.html
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

One method is to take you existing plan, turn off all layers except for the walls (Walls Normal and then Main Layer Only). Now make a cad detail from that view. CAD -> CAD Detail From View, change the line style to dashed, group this cad detail and then place it on a layer named something like "Demo Walls CAD Dtl", lock that layer.

The existing walls will obscure all the dashed lines except where you have changed the walls to new locations.
    alan lehman - Lehman Design Studio - Carmel, CA
    www.LehmanDesignStudio.com
    vX5 with the latest patch
    Intel i7-3770k cpu @ 3.5ghz, 16gb mem., Win 7, Nvidia GeForce GTX 660
    "No rest for the wicked or the freelancers."

Quote Originally Posted by gawdzira View Post
    One method is to take you existing plan, turn off all layers except for the walls (Walls Normal and then Main Layer Only). Now make a cad detail from that view. CAD -> CAD Detail From View, change the line style to dashed, group this cad detail and then place it on a layer named something like "Demo Walls CAD Dtl", lock that layer.

The existing walls will obscure all the dashed lines except where you have changed the walls to new locations.
    Thats what I do
    Perry
    P.H. DESIGNS L.L.C.
    Eastvale Calif.
    Alienware, liquid cooled
    Ver 10-"X6 x64 SSA
    WIN 8.1 PRO 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
    i7 920 2.67-- 12 GB Ram
    40" led monitor

me too....
    Matt Kennedy
    Win7, v2 beta thru x6

This one always makes me grin.
    Once a wall is demolished...guess what - it's no longer a wall!

So...don't try and draw it as a wall, draw it with cad lines or do the cad detail route explained above.

PS. Chief, a multiline tool would be good to have!
    Glenn

Chief X5
    www.glennwoodward.com.au

Windows 7 - Home Premium
    Intel i7-920
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
    6 Gb DDR3 1600MHz
    EVGA GTX285 1GbDDR3
    1TB Sata HD