Export to dwg file

I'm having problem exporting Chief Drawing "Elevation Drawing" to dwg. file. When I opened the dwg. file in Auto Cad it's blank. I checked layers that possibly off and I also zoom extent, but it's really blank. My front and rear elevations were okay, but the right and left elevations were BLANK. Am I missing something? Please help.

Edward,

Other than trying again, I would check in "3-D-3-D Preffrences-Options-Back Clip cross sections" to see if "back-clip" is checked. With that option "ON" you could get empty elevation views (but they would be blank in Chief before export which you could see). I just mention it as it is a possible cause. You can see the expected view before export, right?

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect ® Trainer, Beta Tester, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32, 500 Gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

Chief 7-X6, Home Designer versions 7-2014
    3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-4446
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel
    Help is just an e mail or call away!

Thanks David for the quick reply. Yes I tried unchecked that option but still the same result. The CA elevation drawing is ok, but when I exported as dwg. file it's blank. You're right I might redo the drawing to solve this.

Edward,

Is it possible you exported a 3d model dwg rather than current view dwg? You probably didn’t do that but it doesn’t make any sense that two worked and two didn’t. Don’t know if that helps.

Sam

theanimationman
    Last edited by spencerdesign; 10-17-2003 at 06:17 PM.

marty is offline Registered User Promoted
    Is that a picture of your brain in action?
    Gordon Martinsen
    Auckland
    New Zealand
    W7 64 bit X5
    i7 2600k 3.7Ghz
    8 GB RAM
    180Gb SSD
    Nvidia GTX 560 1 Gb

Re: Export to dwg file

Originally posted by Edward Santos
    I'm having problem exporting Chief Drawing "Elevation Drawing" to dwg. file. When I opened the dwg. file in Auto Cad it's blank. I checked layers that possibly off and I also zoom extent, but it's really blank. My front and rear elevations were okay, but the right and left elevations were BLANK. Am I missing something? Please help.
    Edward:

Are you trying to open the exported dwg file in ACAD or re-importing to Chief?

If ACAD, look at the command line and see if ACAD had a problem opening the file. In any version of ACAD before 2000 the file would not open if there was a problem with the file but you can scroll back in the command line and see what the problem was.

What version of Chief are you using?

Larry
    Last edited by Larry Kumpost; 10-18-2003 at 04:24 AM.
    Larry

Lawrence C. Kumpost, Architect

No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be
    stationery.