Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: X5

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Ravenscroft View Post
    You have walking on the beach and inhaling to much secondhand dubie smoke. Better to stay in the office.
    Ron, that is just utterly priceless!
    Gary
    X5, Softplan2014, Autocad, Revit LT
    www.mckeondesign.com

Quote Originally Posted by CARMELHILL View Post
    .................... They look VERY informative.
    Thanks, but most of the credit should go to Bill "who does not as much as Glenn Woodward" Emery and to Richard "The Crumudgeon" Morrison.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Quote Originally Posted by dshall View Post
    I believe this to be the case with many of the features that CA has to offer. That is why this forum is so valuable to me. With your help and others, I think we do a pretty good job of pushing the limits of CA and I believe that is what CA relies on.............. us users finding ways to use what that have created in new and exciting ways. Heck fire, Aaron is back there writing a code that lets us DEFINE window numbers, but the MANUAL WRITERS do not even know what he has done. I think that Aaron should not only write the code, but I also believe he should skip his lunch break to start editing the manual................ hey Aaron, get with it Bud, we need to know what you are doing!
    Scott, I hate to tell you this, but Aaron is a SHE!
    Allen Brown
    Indy Blueprints
    Residential & Commercial Designs & Drafting Service
    V8-X4, Specializing in Plan Completion, Problem solving, & Chief Architect Training.

Free Chief Architect Training Videos:
    www.IndyBlueprints.com
    Need help on a plan? Or 1 on 1 instruction? Email or call.

www.UBuildItIndy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Brown View Post
    Scott, I hate to tell you this, but Aaron is a SHE!
    You must be kidding..... well who the heck am I thinking of? Who is the guy who did the MONO SLABS? Boy, now I feel embarrassed again..... I barely remember my wife's name, how am I supposed to remember all the CA guys and gals names.....
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Perhaps you're thinking of Adrian?
    Allen Brown
    Indy Blueprints
    V8-X4, Specializing in Plan Completion, Problem solving, & Chief Architect Training.

www.IndyBlueprints.com

www.UBuildItIndy.com

Allen, you are confused, Adrian is female............. or is it Adreane the "Tool Bar Designer". Hey CA, help us out here............. I think Allen has been smelling some of Ron's Ganja.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

Now you have me wondering if my memory's working.
    Allen Brown
    Indy Blueprints

www.IndyBlueprints.com

www.UBuildItIndy.com

Now you have me wondering if my memory's working.
    I really should know because I have now been to two of the UGM's, problem is, whenever any of the CA staff noticed I was approaching them to engage in some informative dialog..... they turned away....... I am sure it was just a coincidence, but I really started to get this complex that they would rather jump in a bay full of sharks than engage me in discourse. Heck, I think I am overly sensitive.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Ravenscroft View Post
    I disagree, we need some improvements in producing construction documents. Chief is way to heavy on things like 3d icons. Things like that do not seem to help me with my production.
    I agree!!!
    Rob
    X2,X3,X4,X5
    New Zealand

I just watched the rest of the videos. Some good stuff, but they don't address how to still get a callout symbol over your label adjacent to the door or window. I found this limitation when I first started with X3. I could go around the plan and add my circles to the doors and octagons to the windows, but silly. It defeats the whole purpose of automation. But I am going to learn some of that macro stuff to add automatic header sizes. It'll be nice to set up automatic window sizes foir the design presentation to the clients too.
    Edward Koenig - R.A.
    Carmelhill Architects
    Nesconset, NY
    www.CARMELHILL.com
    Chief X5

Office Full ATX tower
    i7-4770K 3.5 ghz
    MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 motherboard
    EVGA Geforce GTX 780 3g
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO cooler
    250 gb Samsung Evo SSD
    1 TB WD Caviar HDD
    16 gb Corsair Vengence LP ram
    Corsair 750w power
    Cooler Master Storm Trooper case
    2 Westinghouse 26" monitors

Laptop - Asus G75VW-BBK5
    17.3"
    i7 2.3 ghz w/8 gb
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 660M 2 gb

Quote Originally Posted by CARMELHILL View Post
    I just watched the rest of the videos. Some good stuff, but they don't address how to still get a callout symbol over your label adjacent to the door or window. I found this limitation when I first started with X3. I could go around the plan and add my circles to the doors and octagons to the windows, but silly. It defeats the whole purpose of automation. But I am going to learn some of that macro stuff to add automatic header sizes. It'll be nice to set up automatic window sizes foir the design presentation to the clients too.
    I believe that somewhere Bill pointed out you can have the circle or hexagon symbol, but then you lose the option of having the size spec'd out on floor plan. So pick your poison. Quite frankly, I have gotten over the need to have circles or hexagons around the number. When hand drafting I did this all the time but I think it is quite silly. The D-# designation for doors and the W-# for windows works for me and it really seems to be more intuitive/descriptive vs. using the circle/hexagon designation.

With Chief, I have learned or resigned to giving up my "old ways", and I really have found that by and large what I have to do using CA typically is a more desirable method..... whatever the situation is. And finally, I AIN"T GONNA FIGHT CHIEF, I am going to acquiesce to CA's M.O.................... errrr, for the most part anyway.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

Jay M is offline Registered User Promoted
    Scott,

I use window codes rather than the callouts. With a quick cursory look I can't see how to use an automated code & callout. Is this correct?
    Jay M.
    www.capecodhomedesign.net
    Current X6 (version 4 - X6)
    Windows 7 Professional
    Intel Xeon 4 core 2.27
    6GB RAM
    ATI Firepro V4800

Quote Originally Posted by Jay M View Post
    Scott,

I use window codes rather than the callouts. With a quick cursory look I can't see how to use an automated code & callout. Is this correct?
    I believe your statement is incorrect. I believe that with the macros, you can do what you want...... but not positive without looking into it and proving my statement.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

Jay M is offline Registered User Promoted
    If you can use both that would be a good thing! I just use the actual window code (ie Andersen TW2446) rather than window 1 or 2 etc. I definitely see the point of having windows numbered in a reasonable fashion for ordering purposes but I'm creating constructions documents for construction not ordering documents.....

This is one area where I haven't jumped on the bandwagon. Call me stubborn.
    Jay M.
    www.capecodhomedesign.net
    Current X6 (version 4 - X6)
    Windows 7 Professional
    Intel Xeon 4 core 2.27
    6GB RAM
    ATI Firepro V4800

Quote Originally Posted by Jay M View Post
    If you can use both that would be a good thing! I just use the actual window code (ie Andersen TW2446) rather than window 1 or 2 etc. I definitely see the point of having windows numbered in a reasonable fashion for ordering purposes but I'm creating constructions documents for construction not ordering documents.....

This is one area where I haven't jumped on the bandwagon. Call me stubborn.
    I must admit I am not entirely clear on the format you wish to use. But if I understand correctly I believe Bill has refered to that capability. Bill is the schedule expert as far as I am concerned.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX