Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: X5

X5

In the "chat room" I saw a thread that Scott posted a video talking about changing photo names. In the video Scott's screen showed an X5 icon.
    I posted a question for S cott. " are you beta testing X5" ?.
    I checked back three hours later to find the thread had been removed.
    Scott did you remove it or did CA.?.
    William Page Architects A.I.A.
    pagearch@whidbeyisland.com

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook
    Intel i7 CPU Q720@1.60 boost to 2.80 GHZ
    4.00 GB
    Graphics card 1GB Nvidia Geforce
    27" HDMI monitor

When you see lots of Chief folks monitoring the forum, that could be a clue that X5 is being Beta tested as there is another forum on ChiefTalk for the testers that other non-testers can't see. Another clue is seeing many of the guru's on ChiefTalk but not posting here so much - they are "probably" doing lots of posting on the X5 Beta forum. That's my CSI lesson for the day.
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard

That seems correction. I guess I saw something that I was not suppose to see.
    William Page Architects A.I.A.
    pagearch@whidbeyisland.com

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook
    Intel i7 CPU Q720@1.60 boost to 2.80 GHZ
    4.00 GB
    Graphics card 1GB Nvidia Geforce
    27" HDMI monitor

That would be my guess. Beta testers sign a confidentiality agreement to not discuss or disclose "any" information about a beta version until such time as Chief Architect says its OK - and that is usually when they release the beta version for all the other users to test as well. Sometimes Chief has toolbar changes with a new version and if the screen shot you saw had some new tool on it, that would be a good reason for that shot to be pulled. Maybe it did; maybe it didn't. Either way, Chief doesn't like that sort of thing "leaking" out so they or Scott removed it.
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard

In the past they have done 2 sets of beta testing. The first is by secret invitation.The second round shows up as an announcement calling for testers.
    alan lehman - Lehman Design Studio - Carmel, CA
    www.LehmanDesignStudio.com
    vX5 with the latest patch
    Intel i7-3770k cpu @ 3.5ghz, 16gb mem., Win 7, Nvidia GeForce GTX 660
    "No rest for the wicked or the freelancers."

Quote Originally Posted by gawdzira View Post
    In the past they have done 2 sets of beta testing. The first is by secret invitation.The second round shows up as an announcement calling for testers.
    You missed one ! Dont forget the public beta test.. When we get the bugs to work out and they call it Patches
    You can Find me on http://www.facebook.com/RickThomas100
    Thank GOD for Avatars ! So ugly people can hide behind them ! LOL
    Computer User since Atari 400
    AutoCad 9.0 to 2012 till Chief Came along.
    Chief User Since Version 4.0
    Building New Homes for 35 years.
    Don't let anybody fool you ! A home builder with CAD under his belt that actually uses a hammer and computer will run circles around the Desk jockey's playing with their mouse.

Finally X5 beta testing has officially started: http://www.chieftalk.com/showthread....222#post438222
    I hope that major improvements are not limited with kitchen and bath design!
    H.Ozgur G.
    X5 Premium, Autocad, 3D Studio Max Design & V-Ray, Revit, Piranesi 2010, Lumion Pro 3.0,
    My Vimeo Page: https://vimeo.com/ozgurg/videos

I hope that major improvements are not limited with kitchen and bath design![/QUOTE]

My sentiments too!
    I am hoping for some benefits for us users outside the USA, and some plan presentation enhancements would be nice!
    Rob
    X2,X3,X4,X5
    New Zealand

The new features and other changes in X5 should be useful to all Chief Architect users.

We have asked for some additional kitchen and bath designers to join the beta team only because they are currently under represented.
    Dermot Dempsey
    Principal Software Engineer
    Chief Architect, Inc.
    http://www.ChiefArchitect.com
    http://www.HomeDesignerSoftware.com

The first 100 or so users of any new release are all invariably beta testers whether they like it or not.

Its logogistical

I'm looking foward to the next version which is rumored to include a 3D logo.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ex Six house.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	53089
    Your privacy is important to us, your personal details will handled discreetly, and will not be shared with anyone except the CIA, FSB, MI6 or similar, then they will be placed on a USB stick and left on a bus.

Hope there is good representation of commercial and retail architecture users that are looking for better door and window schedules that don't lump windows/doors into lump sum quantities and also allow adjacent numbered ordering, rather than scattered numbers all over the plan.

I had a lot of trouble explaining to my last medical office building client why door #1 and door #2 where on different floors.

My annoying and very repetative 2 cents.
    Edward Koenig - R.A.
    Carmelhill Architects
    Nesconset, NY
    www.CARMELHILL.com
    Chief X5

Office Full ATX tower
    i7-4770K 3.5 ghz
    MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 motherboard
    EVGA Geforce GTX 780 3g
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO cooler
    250 gb Samsung Evo SSD
    1 TB WD Caviar HDD
    16 gb Corsair Vengence LP ram
    Corsair 750w power
    Cooler Master Storm Trooper case
    2 Westinghouse 26" monitors

Laptop - Asus G75VW-BBK5
    17.3"
    i7 2.3 ghz w/8 gb
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 660M 2 gb

Here's a quick movie in Dropbox, which I did showing how a schedule SHOULD work. I'll cross post on the other threads about shcedules.

Please email me if the linkl doesn't work. I don't use dropbox very much. carmelhill@optonline.net

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19582469/schedules%5B3%5D.wmv
    Edward Koenig - R.A.
    Carmelhill Architects
    Nesconset, NY
    www.CARMELHILL.com
    Chief X5

Office Full ATX tower
    i7-4770K 3.5 ghz
    MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 motherboard
    EVGA Geforce GTX 780 3g
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO cooler
    250 gb Samsung Evo SSD
    1 TB WD Caviar HDD
    16 gb Corsair Vengence LP ram
    Corsair 750w power
    Cooler Master Storm Trooper case
    2 Westinghouse 26" monitors

Laptop - Asus G75VW-BBK5
    17.3"
    i7 2.3 ghz w/8 gb
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 660M 2 gb

Quote Originally Posted by CARMELHILL View Post
    I had a lot of trouble explaining to my last medical office building client why door #1 and door #2 where on different floors...............
    I watched your video, apparently you did not watch mine or listen to what Bill "not as smart as Glenn Woodward" Emery has posted. You CAN dictate the door and window labels, easy peasy. However at this time you cannot change door swings in the schedule.............. might be a nice feature but as you stated not a must.

Bill, help me out buddy, you spent a lot of time figuring this out, why don't people listen to this great feature that you discovered............. I just don't get it. Edward, I don't mean to slam you, but you are asking for a feature that already exists. What is CA suppose to do with your request?
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

As far as I can see, it seems that the most important improvement to window and door schedules ia with the automatic numbering - the order of automatic numbering - manual labels and numbering seem to work fine.

Maybe with auto numbering, we need some options like,
    number according to:
    placement order
    anticlockwise
    clockwise
    by floor
    etc

instead of Chiefs current auto numbering system
    Glenn

Chief X5
    www.glennwoodward.com.au

Windows 7 - Home Premium