Thread: Dim.

Dim.

I am having trouble when I do a point to point dim. that appears on the outside of a building, when I go and fill the screen the point to point dim. goes beyond the screen and when I go to print that page or if i send it to a layout sheet it does not show up on either print. If an auto dim. is done it will fill the screen ok and will print ok. Is this something in v6 or something i am doing wrong. Thanks in alvance for any Help.

Ray

------------------
    Ray
    RRGC@AOL.COM

I have not run into this problem yet. You should probably report it to ART as a bug. For now you might try adjusting the size of the window on the Layout page. If the dimension shows on your plan file but does not include it when you do a Fill Screen command then it may not make the layout window large enough to display the dimension.

Larry

[This message has been edited by Larry Kumpost (edited 08 September 1999).]

Larry,

I went back into the drawing that I was working on and did another point to point dim. on an exterior wall and moved the dim. away from the outer wall when i went to fill screen the dim. went off the screen and did not even show. On autodim when I do a fill screen the dim. stays within the screen window. I am not sure if this is a bug or if the point to point dim. is meant just for interior dimensioning. See if you can duplicate the problem and let me know. The problem is just on point to point dim. on exterior walls.

------------------
    Ray
    RRGC@AOL.COM

Raymond,

I can not duplicate the problem. I tried both a point to point and then a interior dimension. In each case I pulled them way out from the plan and the fill screen command re-sized to include the dimensions. So it probably is not a bug. I use Win NT OS.

Sorry I don't know what might be causing your problem.
    Larry

Raymond,

I have not had this problem, but as a work around use your magnifying glass and window around your entire drawing. I know this is not the answer your looking for, but it will work for now.

Sorry,
    Jason Bussel