Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by lgswe View Post
    This may be "any type" of dormer question. I have a 20'x20' pavilion with a flared hip roof and a 14" overhang. The hipped roof is 8/12. The bottom 4' has a flared pitch of 5 5/8 pitch and a radius of -154". I'm trying to install a eyebrow dormer with a round top fixed window 36"Hx72W flush with the outer wall below. No matter where I set the dormer CA won't let me install it. I've tried making it only 1/4 the size and it still won't go. Does it have something to do with the dormer starting on the flared section and extending up onto the regular pitched area? If this isn't the case I'm lost. If it is the case, is there such a thing as a work around? Are there any good videos on the subject? It's one of those frustrating days (or maybe too much coffee). Before anyone ask the plan is too large to show. As always all advice is greatly appreciated.
    Larry, you must be kidding, do you really think somebody is going to be able to reproduce this plan to help you out? There are ways to post ANY plan or portion thereof, if it is too much trouble for you to post, it is too much trouble for me to figure out.............. but I am sure somebody will do it for you.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall