Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Door schedules

Door schedules

I am attempting to do a door schedule for a small T.I. How do I get the schedule to show every door. I have 7 doors the same but I do not want one line I want 7 lines, one for each door. Is there a way to do this without using 7 different doors the same size.

Ron Ravenscroft
    RAVENSCROFT ARCHITECTS, LTD.
    20611 N. 17th WAy
    Phoenix, Arizona 85024
    623-434-0092 - 480-797-6894
    rrarchpa@cox.net or ron@raltd.net
    Version4 to X5 and beyond

Just have to change 1 thing about the door to get them to list separately, like in the comments
    Perry
    P.H. DESIGNS L.L.C.
    Eastvale Calif.
    Alienware, liquid cooled
    Ver 10-"X6 x64 SSA
    WIN 8.1 PRO 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
    i7 920 2.67-- 12 GB Ram
    40" led monitor

Quote Originally Posted by perryh View Post
    Just have to change 1 thing about the door to get them to list separately, like in the comments
    Thank you, that is what I assumed and what I did not want to do. I live and breathe for the day when it occurs to the people at Chief that it is important for one to have the ability to produce good contract documents. The door schedule falls short unless one wants to use the old but worn out "work-a-reound".

Ron Ravenscroft
    20611 N. 17th WAy
    Phoenix, Arizona 85024

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Ravenscroft View Post
    Thank you, that is what I assumed and what I did not want to do. I live and breathe for the day when it occurs to the people at Chief that it is important for one to have the ability to produce good contract documents. The door schedule falls short unless one wants to use the old but worn out "work-a-reound".
    I don't see it as a workaround, I find that it is actually advantageous. If you want one line for seven doors you can or you can have seven lines for seven doors. I make a COMMENT in the COMMENT SECTION saying "NEW ENTRY DOOR" or "NEW DOOR TO BATH", and it accomplishes two things, gives me a separate line at the same time it is locating the door for anybody reading the schedule.... pretty slick if you ask me.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Jay M is offline Registered User Promoted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Ravenscroft View Post
    Ron,

I would almost give my lunch money for the day to know the percentage of people who use CA for *professional* contract documents. I think a lot of people would be shocked at how few actually do between the part-time builders, hobbyists, renderers, etc. Itwouldn't surprise me if the number is in the single digits..
    Jay M.
    www.capecodhomedesign.net
    Current X6 (version 4 - X6)
    Windows 7 Professional
    Intel Xeon 4 core 2.27
    6GB RAM
    ATI Firepro V4800

I prepare full Const. Doc's every day and try to detail the **** out of it but, the builder should always have bullet proof contract to fall back on. Types of special materials or allowances and manufacturer for windows, doors etc. should also be included. When we draw a set of Const. Docs, sometimes we don't know what is going into the project yet, then it is not in the plan.
    Perry
    P.H. DESIGNS L.L.C.
    Eastvale Calif.
    Alienware, liquid cooled
    Ver 10-"X6 x64 SSA
    WIN 8.1 PRO 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
    i7 920 2.67-- 12 GB Ram
    40" led monitor

@Jay, con docs on every project.
    alan lehman - Lehman Design Studio - Carmel, CA
    www.LehmanDesignStudio.com
    vX5 with the latest patch
    Intel i7-3770k cpu @ 3.5ghz, 16gb mem., Win 7, Nvidia GeForce GTX 660
    "No rest for the wicked or the freelancers."

Construction documents all the time.
    Tommy Blair
    Houston, TX.
    (713) 467-0579
    tblair55@sbcglobal.net
    Avid Chief User V8-X5
    Lead Houston User's Group
    HP Dv7t Quad Edition Laptop
    W7 Home Premium, 64-Bit
    2nd Gen. Intel Quad Core i7-2720QM 2.2 GHz (turbo boost to 3.3 GHz)
    1GB Radeon HD 6770M GDDR5
    8GB DDR3 System Memory, 640GB 7200rpm Hard Drive
    (2) 2.0 ports, (2) 3.0 ports
    17.3" Monitor (1600x900)

Been doing full condocs with Chief for 13 years or more and never stop being impressed by how much easier it gets with every version.

Bryce Engstrom: Architect, LEED AP
    www.engstromarchitecture.com
    Chief X6 Beta
    Sketchup Pro 6, Free 8, Thea Render, Lumion
    Chief to Kerkythea & Thea Render Converter

The separate listing is a good feature - I use the CODE column myself and save the comment field for comments. BUTTT -- if the door dimension is changed in any way, all the user entered info is also erased - including your unique ID and everything has to be re-entered. I find this to be a PITA, Chief believes that if you change the dimens., etc., that's a new door.

This is just yet another issue with the material/schedule lists and hopefully is being looked at now. Get your comments/suggestions in now.
    Gerry

NewCraft Home Services

Design/ Compliance Review
    PE, X6 , Sketchup 8, TurboCad Pro 20
    -----------------------------------
    ASUS P9X79D, i7-3820, GTX680 w/4gb
    -----------------------------
    If the Government would just cut down more d*** trees, I'd have a much better view of the forest.

Quote Originally Posted by perryh View Post
    I prepare full Const. Doc's every day and try to detail the **** out of it but, the builder should always have bullet proof contract to fall back on. Types of special materials or allowances and manufacturer for windows, doors etc. should also be included. When we draw a set of Const. Docs, sometimes we don't know what is going into the project yet, then it is not in the plan.
    Ditto, maybe it is only single digit users who use CA for ConDocs, but what does that say?
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Quote Originally Posted by dshall View Post
    I don't see it as a workaround, I find that it is actually advantageous. If you want one line for seven doors you can or you can have seven lines for seven doors. I make a COMMENT in the COMMENT SECTION saying "NEW ENTRY DOOR" or "NEW DOOR TO BATH", and it accomplishes two things, gives me a separate line at the same time it is locating the door for anybody reading the schedule.... pretty slick if you ask me.
    What I finally did was number each door. I specified a label with the door number. It worked fine, I'm now attempting to turn the Door Schedule into w workable Commercial Schedule. A little more difficult. Things that are missing: To include but not all are:

Would be nice if it was automatic!!!
    Number of Hinges
    Hardware set

Just to start.

P.S. I use the same door schedule for my residential projects as well. I don't mean to beat a "dead horse" but Chief people have to talk to people that actually use Chief for Construction Documents.

Ron Ravenscroft
    20611 N. 17th WAy
    Phoenix, Arizona 85024

Back to the subject of Door Schedules.

1. We need to be able to set a default to "Use Unique Numbers"
    2. We need to be able to specify the "Door Frame Thickness"
    3. The R/O width should be the sum of (Door Width)+(2*(Door Frame Thickness))+(2*(Add for R/O Each Side))
    4. The R/O height should be the sum of (Door Height)+(Door Frame Thickness)+(Add for R/O Top)

Currently the Door Frame is not included and it must be added in the Door dbx for the "Add for R/O" values in order to give the correct numbers in the Door Schedule. IOW if you have 3/4" thick door frames and want an additional 1/2" shim space on each side then you have to add 1-1/4" Each Side for the R/O

Of course, it goes without saying that if the Door Frames were added to Chief in the same way that Window Frames are we would have a better result - but Window Sizes typically include the Frame so there is a difference that has to be taqken into account by the software.
    Joseph P. Carrick, Architect - AIA
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1
    Chief Architect 9, 10, X1, X3, X4 Premium, X5 Premium, X6 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Jay M View Post
    Ron,

I would almost give my lunch money for the day to know the percentage of people who use CA for *professional* contract documents. I think a lot of people would be shocked at how few actually do between the part-time builders, hobbyists, renderers, etc. Itwouldn't surprise me if the number is in the single digits..
    Jay,

On top of that we have what I call the Choir to deal with. I would love to have comments from some of the other architects, such as; Surtac, Wendy to name a few.

Ron Ravenscroft
    20611 N. 17th WAy
    Phoenix, Arizona 85024

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Carrick View Post
    Back to the subject of Door Schedules.

1. We need to be able to set a default to "Use Unique Numbers"
    2. We need to be able to specify the "Door Frame Thickness"
    3. The R/O width should be the sum of (Door Width)+(2*(Door Frame Thickness))+(2*(Add for R/O Each Side))
    4. The R/O height should be the sum of (Door Height)+(Door Frame Thickness)+(Add for R/O Top)

Currently the Door Frame is not included and it must be added in the Door dbx for the "Add for R/O" values in order to give the correct numbers in the Door Schedule.

Of course, it goes without saying that if the Door Frames were added to Chief in the same way that Window Frames are we would have a better result - but Window Sizes typically include the Frame so there is a difference that has to be taqken into account by the software.
    Joe,

A good start:

As I said the number of hinges, hardware set#, Frame material. etc.

Chief does not regognize the fact that are metal hollow frames used in construction. I just ran across a contemporary house here in Phoenix, block construction, HM door frames ans fixed glass. It is time for Chief to grow up and do more for these needs.

Ron Ravenscroft
    20611 N. 17th WAy
    Phoenix, Arizona 85024