Threaded View

Home Design Concept to Reality Workflow

Hi -

I am a non-professional that has been visualising my ideal house for the past twenty years and actioning the design this year. I'm looking for the best tools and process in bring this to reality and am looking for some guidance.

1: I am fairly technical but have very limited CAD or architectural experience. I would prefer to use Home designer from a budget perspective and don't need to learn anything too detailed just for one house

2: I am based in Zambia so don't have access to good local talent to help me. I want to get something done over the next year as a concept then hand it to a professional to come up with the plans.

3: I am quite familiar with ray based render tools and would really like export my model in 3d (something I understand I can't do with home designer?) and come up with photo realistic renderings of my model - outside of the chief architect range of products. ie 3ds etc

So my question is:

Based upon the above statements => What tool and process would be ideal for me to create my concept to a reasonably detailed level, then hand such file(s) across to a professional to create the plans that could just be then just given to a builder?

firstly apologies if this is the wrong thread - I've been looking for the answers to the following for a couple of weeks, secondly if my question shows my relative knowledge and experience in the subject.

Shaun