Threaded View

Double Walls & Electrical (X1)

Currently I'm updating a floor plan to include some finished areas in the basement. In order to do so, I'm using "double walls" to create a studded wall inside the foundation. Specifically, the exterior is a concrete (10") foundation wall, and in front of it is a standard (4") interior studded (and insulated) wall.

To create these parallel/touching walls, I've chosen the "double wall" designation for both. For the concrete wall I chose "split framing" and for the interior wall I chose "furred wall."

For some reason, everything inside the finished rooms (wall hangings, electrical fixtures, etc.) seems to "snap to" the exterior (concrete) foundation wall instead of the desired interior (studded) wall.

While I can move each item manually, I'm concerned about the accuracy of the placement (not to mention how long it will take to drag everything to its new location). So I'm wondering if anyone might have suggestions for setting things up so items "snap" automatically to the inside wall (and are more correctly placed).

Thanks for your help!!