10 side building ?????

I need to build a 10 side building all sides to be the same measurement
    I have changed the 15 degree angle to build in 7.5 degree “Allowed angles” increments but how do you change it to build in 6 degree angles
    Please note I need to know in metric not imperial
    Thanks
    Richard

Just Below “allowed angles” is “Additional Angles” you can enter any angle you would like in the spaces provided. I’ve never used this option, but page 93 of the manual seems to give a good explanation. Apparently you must first toggle to 7 1/2 degree angles allowed for this option to be enabled.

Hope this helps
    Tim Graham

Yes, in plan set up there are 8 places to enter additional angles.Additional angles are ± values off the x & y axes. by using 1 you can draw angles of 1, 91, -179 & -89. By adding -1 to the list you can also draw -1, 89, 179 & -91 angles.

In your case you need angles of 36d. To do this double click the select arrow to open the plan setup dbx.
    1. Check the 7 1/2 degree allowed
    2. Then enter 9, -9, 18, -18, 27, -27, 36 -36 for the additional angles.
    3. Close the dbx and draw your walls

As you draw the wall pay attention to the length of the wall and the angle. Say you want a wall length of 3M try to keep your walls close to their intended length as this will help in final dimensioning..also pay attention to the angle of the wall before releasing the click. Assuming the first wall is horizontal and proceding in a clockwise direction you need walls of 0,36,72,108,144,180,144,108,72,36

To dimension them, first auto dimension, then for this example start at the first wall drawn, click on it and then on the adjacent dimension but counterclockwise from the wall, enter the length and okay proceed around the walls clockwise and size the previous wall.........there are tutorials in the manual for 5&6 sided buildings at the back of the manual.........

[This message has been edited by Tim O'Donnell (edited 15 March 2000).]

Richard:

You must be careful in the angles you select. If any of the angles are within 1/2 degree of the incremental 7 1/2 and 15 degree angles......you will discover that the angle will "snap to" the incremental angle. An example would be the angles 22 or 23. They will snap to 22 1/2 degrees when selected. I was forced to design a seventeen side building in AutoCAD because of this problem in Chief 6.0.......and it was not fun

Good Luck

Richard:

I stand corrected on my previous post. ART has corrected the angle selection problem. Just tried 22, 22 1/12, and 23 degree angles. All were OK.

Thank you all very much
    I now have this mastered
    It makes more sense of what was in the manual
    Thanks Again
    Richard