Can't select room, floor/ceiling disappear

I am having trouble with a model I am working on. I have my exterior walls defined, and am placing interior walls. One of the rooms is giving me trouble. When I close off a portion of the room, it no longer allows me to select the room, and in 3D it removes the floor covering and the ceiling. When I delete the interior wall, it all goes back to normal. It isn't that complex of a room, though there are some curved walls. I have tried connecting my interior walls along straight walls, but am still running into the same issue. I am new to CA, so this may be an easy fix. Any help is appreciated.
    Last edited by bbergner; 03-27-2012 at 12:46 PM.
    X4 Premier
    ASUS G74SX-BBK11
    Intel i7-2670QM 2.2GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M - 2GB

This is commonly caused by poor wall connections (I know you know this) but it is well to state it again because it is the main reason for no floor and ceiling.

Make sure if you customised your walls that the "Radio Button" is next to the main structural layer as well as if this is missplaced it can cause lots of unwanted wall and dimensional behaviors.

Just zoom in and fix (redraw) any corners that do not look "right" (even, smooth, correct) and make sure your walls are defined properly. Zooming in to wall junctions is a key action.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect ® Trainer, Beta Tester, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32, 500 Gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

Chief 7-X6, Home Designer versions 7-2014
    3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-4446
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel
    Help is just an e mail or call away!

Is this an "Island Room"? All rooms in Chief must be connected in some way to an Exterior Wall - even if just by an "Invisible Wall".
    Joseph P. Carrick, Architect - AIA
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1
    Chief Architect 9, 10, X1, X3, X4 Premium, X5 Premium, X6 Premium

I had a problem with X4 where an invisible wall on floor 2 was not quite aligned with a regular wall on floor 1

once aligned the problem went away

I sorta think this is a bug as they shouldn't have to be aligned ???

can you post the plan for others to look at it ???

you may need to send it to tech support ??? - hours 6 AM - 5 PM Pacific

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

This isn't an island room, it has connections to exterior walls. And I should clarify about the floor and ceiling. They don't actually disappear. The floor COVERING disappears. The slab is still shown. As for the ceiling, that all goes away I think, all I see is the plywood floor from the room above. The strange thing is, when I delete a wall partition, adjoining this room and and adjacent room, the problem goes away. When I replace the interior wall to split the two rooms again, the problem returns. This interior wall partition is between straight, parallel walls and there is positive connection between them.
    X4 Premier
    ASUS G74SX-BBK11
    Intel i7-2670QM 2.2GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M - 2GB

I think the only way we're going to be able to help is for you to close, zip and post the plan here. Something is wrong with floor/ceiling heights, wall parameters such as "No Room Definition" or wall connections, but without the plan to work with we are just guessing.
    Joseph P. Carrick, Architect - AIA
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1
    Chief Architect 9, 10, X1, X3, X4 Premium, X5 Premium, X6 Premium

Do you have "Auto Re-Build Walls, Floors and Ceilings" turned "off" under "3-D Settings"?
    If so, turn it on, you can also just hit "F-12" to manually order that command, it might bring back the flooring or it might not depending on other unseen factors, post the plan if you can please, like Joe suggested.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect ® Trainer, Beta Tester, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32, 500 Gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

Chief 7-X6, Home Designer versions 7-2014
    3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-4446
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel
    Help is just an e mail or call away!

I've run into this issue before, and it was caused by my using the Save As Mode, where older files where hiding around. Make sure your exterior wall is not turning into a "no locate" or "attic" wall when your connecting to it. Sometimes chief can be a little glitchy.